Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which colour parcel tape do you prefer? I like to use the clear stuff because it's good for sticking labels on with.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah definitely the better choice in parcel tape, I mean brown's ok when you can't get your hands on the clear stuff but when it comes down to some serious packaging I think clear wins every time. (y)

Which reminds me, when I go to the post office next I'll have to pick some up.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Well you can call me a bluff old traditionalist, but I like brown. Sturdy and sensible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just tried both, absolutely disgusting. I'd need to be well beyond famished. View attachment 716854
Yes I would have to agree, the brown parcel tape does leave a bitter taste in the mouth although I feel that the clear is a great deal sweeter. Might I suggest that you try it with some chopped boiled bubble wrap, this has a very similar texture to cabbage but without the taste,

·
Registered
255 Posts
I remember years ago when a load of women where I worked were on diets and they regularly ate this stuff called ryvita that they said tasted like cardboard (how did they know?). This could potentially lead to trying all kinds of packing type stuff.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember years ago when a load of women where I worked were on diets and they regularly ate this stuff called ryvita that they said tasted like cardboard (how did they know?). This could potentially lead to trying all kinds of packing type stuff.
I lived behind the Ryvita factory in Poole for a few years and the bloody place stunk, not all the time I might add. It is an interesting point though, how would they know what cardboard tasted like? Perhaps it's some strange menstrual thing women get when they are on their period or something :oops:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Now packing peanuts (and styrofoam in general) is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
For those of you who keep giant tortoises like I do, do NOT let a hunk of styrofoam blow into their enclosure as they'll wolf it down like it's going out of style.
I kid you not, they'll be passing bits of it out the back end for weeks.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts