Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for a windshield and ran across Parabellum. Does anyone have the Bonneville Sport Shield or the Scout Fairing? I really like the color matched Scout Fairing. Any comments?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeppers, somebody here has posted a picture of his color matched Scout. Dam* good fairing; looks a bit large on the Bonnie, but it's gotta be the best, most effective way to go! If I somehow end up with a (rumor'ed about) BMW "R1200R", the Scout may be a nice accessory to marry to the Beemer System Cases.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have tried a Triumph Summer screen and a National cycle screen, both with mixed results. My conclusion is that if you want a screen get one that works and to hell with the aesthetics. If you want protection get protection. The Parabellum from what I have read, does just that. It is taller, 20+ inches but is designed to do the job. They have the fairing combination and also a sport screen. for 259.00 with a 30 day trial. It doesn''t look too bad but it is supposed to work.nullParabellum

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Dennis,

I believe the $ spent on the Parabellum Scout fairing were my best value. The cost is high, but the results are very pleasing. I feel less tired after riding 400 miles than I did after 100 miles prior to the Parabellum. I have had no problems with wind buffeting, etc. I got a 16" windshield--they recommended an 18" one; however, after doing some measuring, I decided on the 16". I do plan to purchase the 10" windshield for the hottest part of the summer.

I ordered mine unpainted (Parabellum had lost their painter of many years when I bought my fairing), and had it painted at a custom motorcycle shop.

Larry

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your replies. I almost bought a Triumph summer screen when I bought my Bonnie, now glad I didn't.
After what Redbird said about the painter, I may have to find a shop to do it for me.

Hey Redbird,

Thanks for posting the pic. I'd seen your pictures before and loved the look. Didn't know what kind it was and then found the Parabellum site. Beautiful paint scheme! My Bonnie is Goodwood Green and with the small amount of black on the bike I might have it painted Goodwood Green and black. Yes, I've decided to bite the bullet and go for the gusto. First, some of the things that have piled up in the garage will have to go on ebay. :-D

Dennis

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the 10" windshield on mine and it does a pretty good job of blocking the wind. I bought the bike used and it came with the fairing. I may get a 16" for next winter.

I took the fairing off once and put it back on a few days later. I prefer the look of the bike with it off, but the function of the fairing outweighs the looks when it is cool out...and it doesn't really look that bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the 22" tinted version on my 05 Bonneville. I like the feeling of not having to buck the wind all the time. Here in Seattle we do get a rain drop now and then and having the Sport Shield sure is nice. I even think my milage may have gone up a gpm.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wonderdog,

I 've been commuting behind a 20 inch parabellum sportshield for the last six weeks. Overall protection is much better than the Triumph summer shield. Head protection is good and buffeting around the head is almost totally eliminated. Sitting up really straight gets my face into the airstream but I believe the 22 inch shield would force me to look through the screen fulltime. I am 5'8", have NH mbars on the bike and the top of the shield is just below eye level. Parabellum delivered in a week or so, and the mounting hardware appears "more engineered" than many handelbar mounted shields.

One satisfied Parabellum customer!

DBM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts