Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy panniers for my 800XC -12 and I'm wondering what kind of setup you all using?
Do you have a smaller one on the exhaust side or not?
How about the weight distribution if one side is smaller then the other or the other way around.

Going for a 4400km trip next year (if we are allowed to travel) don't what the bike to be unbalanced.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The panniers on my 955 and Explorer both had cutouts on the exhaust side, which made it smaller. As to weight distribution, I just put in it whatever fitted, and never noticed any effect whatsoever

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 800 xrt 2016 sometimes I have just 1 side box attached and I've never had an issue. People would ask me how I rode like that because visually it looks wrong. Of course I'm not running a race track....either way I don't think you will notice an imbalance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently installed a pair Givi Trekker Outback 37L and I'm happy with it. It is asymmetrical so maybe a 48L on the left side might be another option.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the Mosko Moto soft panniers and a standard Triumph top box (GIVI made). Better for off-road mishaps...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wouldn’t worry about the weight distribution, the Tiger is already off set with the exhaust on one side, I have a givi top box for security and everyday use , I only go away for a couple of days at a time so supplement with the SW Motech Dakar softbags that I picked up cheap 2nd hand , the frames are quite neat as the seat is designed to take the weight of the bags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
“the seat is designed to take the weight of the bags”
That should read the bags are designed to use the seat as a load bearing base

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts