Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post other than "here is my bike".

I have a daytona 955i (2002) with a high level Scorpion can. I wanted to put some soft panniers/ throw-overs on to it so that I could then strap the tent and poles across the top from side to side across the seat (don't really want to saw them in half - which would solve the problem!!). I did think about trying to get hold of a luggage rack? A lot of the posts have been for products in the rest of the world. Any ideas as to what would fit or how best to stack the tent would be really appreciated. Or if anyone has a luggage rack, I could then get a "sausage" bag and lash it down length ways.

Any suggestions would be really helpful as the camping/race season is almost upon us.

Thanks - there is a picture of the bike in the you show me yours and the RAT UK forum

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
pizzaman68, I use a Triumph luggage rack on my '04. Looks aside it's pretty handy. Here's an old, poor pic.

Search for member Dano. He came up with a very tidy luggage carrier.

Brad

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great help

Thanks for the suggestions - and the picture, Like the Triumph own luggage rack, reckon that may be the best way - then I can strap what I like to it.
Just got to save up the pennies, find something on flea bay or otherwise I'll just use save the money and B & B it!! :D

If anyone reads this and has one for sale......

·
Registered
52 Posts
As far as strapping things on without a rack this is what I did. I put stainless steel eyebolts in the holes that were left when I relocated my turnsignals. I then replaced the tail fairing bolts, between the seats, with eyebolts, used small diameter so I can reinstall the oem bolts. My next upgrade is having a machine shop drill out and shorten some bungee hook bolts from a CBR1100XX. I will then buy the proper size bolts to run through the bungee bolt and screw in to the tail fairing in place of the eyebolts. With these four mounting points and some seatbelt pads I never have to worry about scuffing my paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you

Thanks for all of the replies, I'm still trying to work the engineering one out :D

I've tried Triumph-ant and they were very helpful. Didn't have one but hey ho. At least I know where to head for any other bits. Cheers for the tip.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies, I'm still trying to work the engineering one out :D

I've tried Triumph-ant and they were very helpful. Didn't have one but hey ho. At least I know where to head for any other bits. Cheers for the tip.
As was mentioned earlier, Dano makes one that worked out great for him. Give him a shout...

If you can't get ahold of him, lemme know. He's on another site, as well, that I can PM you...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You star

Thanks for the e-bay tip off. Problem solved, the beauty is all mine!!

Looks like it might need a bit of hammerite

BSB here I come......... please be sunny :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts