Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on the weekend that the little metal bracket that acts as the "dock" for the pannier to the steel bracket on the passenger foot rest has disappeared. I am hoping to find an unfortunate soul who has recently trashed his panniers and has chucked the remains in the back of the garage. Or in the alternative a recommended replacement source.

Geoff

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Hey Geoff, I'm assuming it's the bit that's supposed to be attached to the front of the OEM pannier?

If it is, it may be simpler to make it. Go to the hardware, or some such and get a small bit of 1/16th aluminium or steel plate that's the same width. Simply take a measurement from the other pannier cut it to length, then bend it to shape using a vice and a hammer, put some paint on it and bolt it back into place using stainless or gal bolts, with big enough washers on the inside of the pannier to prevent the plastic cracking.

Shouldn't be too hard, and should be easier than trying to track one down.

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
pannier bits

I noticed on the weekend that the little metal bracket that acts as the "dock" for the pannier to the steel bracket on the passenger foot rest has disappeared. I am hoping to find an unfortunate soul who has recently trashed his panniers and has chucked the remains in the back of the garage. Or in the alternative a recommended replacement source.

Geoff
Hi there Geoff, if you find such an unfortunate soul that also has the top rails as well PLEASE let me know as well, if you live in South Yorks/Notts give me a buzz. Perhaps we ought to start a new thread just for pannier bits for older Tiggers. 9tiger9

·
Registered
226 Posts
i bent mine in my recent crash

getting new ones the old ones need straightening out thats all should not be a major job. the insurance is paying for new ones so i might as well have them i'll ask the dealer if he can give me the old ones and if there ok ill post then to you

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pannier Parts

GBD

That would be most excellent. Let me know how it goes. Another RAT was looking for the whole mounting assembly but I assume yours survived?

Geoff

·
Registered
11 Posts
I lost one of the catches for the draw latch on my right bag lid. If anyone has one or can ask their dealer if he has an old bag or one of the replacement kits. I would like to purchase it as my dealer has not found me one.

Gus.
email [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
luggage rails

getting new ones the old ones need straightening out thats all should not be a major job. the insurance is paying for new ones so i might as well have them i'll ask the dealer if he can give me the old ones and if there ok ill post then to you
Hi there giantbutcherdog, Do you still have the top rails for the luggage of your bent tiger, give me a buzz if you need a good home for them. thanks Steve (9tiger9)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts