Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm gonna be painting the speedy over winter since I just don't like the scorched red color. Just seems too pink or something. I've always loved the black hooligan look. Ghost rider kicks ass!! Anyways, I'm trying to figure out a color. I love the flat black look but would also like a little metal flake. Blue is also one of my favorite colors so I'm kind of on the fence.

The next question is would you reapply the triumph decals on the bike after the paint or sand and prime over them and just leave the bike a solid color? I kind of feel like I need to show a little triumph love on the gas tank or something.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was riding real slow in the city one night with about 5 others and I overheard someone say, "Did you see that Triumph." Make your own decision, but there is no way I kid says that if I don't have any stickers on the bike.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dunno, I also love the look of graphite or gun metal. dark black but still sticks out a bit. so many choices the 675's in graphite look ****!

·
Registered
224 Posts
A friend of mine has a ZZR1200 that is dark, dark blue with metal flake. So dark it looks black. It's a stock color, very cool.

I would replace the decals. Show the love!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just painted mine and before the clear went on looked at it without Triumph logo,i thought it looked to plain.My choice was between orange and a nice steel blue on the Holden Commodores over here paint code 946J (blue).It's a hard choice.I went the orange. :hammer:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I remembered you painted your bike Bucket so I went and checked it out. It definitelly looks good with the Triumph logo on the tank. I think plain would look, well, plain. I just wish it had the black frame like the 05's. I think I might check into the graphite color.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The accents would be cool but I'm just mainly going for a plain color for the thing. Are there any dark colors that people just love from other models of bikes at all? Kind of like golfinc brought up the zzr1200 color. I'll have to check that one out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
definately keep the Triumph decals on the bike. The brand name gets you cool points and in my opinion the logo looks unique. Without the logo, some may think you're riding a japanese bike with the fairings striped off.

·
Registered
480 Posts
A cool color is the color on yamaha fazers and 07 R1"s. I would also love to paint my bike a super dark blue.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where did you get those trouble stickers? They look pretty sweet. I think somebody else had brought up the paint on the Honda 919's. That black I think would look pretty good too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts