Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this in the related sticky, but I think more people will see it as a new thread, so I'm posting here too.

I just contacted Don Hutchinson, and he confirmed that he is not dealing in lacquer anymore.

Has anyone in the States purchased paint from MS Motorcycles (www.msmotorcycles.com)? Seems they're the only option for cellulose now, short of having someone who still works with lacquer custom mix colors.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said that the majority of his colors are in DuPont ChromaBase urethane basecoat/clearcoat. Since he said "majority," I imagine he still has some lacquer remnants.

·
Registered
4 Posts
paint help?!

Sooooo, I have the fasctory paint codes for my cobalt blue & silver '02 Bonnie, but I can't seem to find anyone who knows where the hell to buy the paint? Anyone got any suggestions or help in this arena? Thanks,
Art Guy

·
Registered
110 Posts
I know this guy is in Australia but....he does do the original paint.

The Austrailian source is Owen Hayward, no website info
Custom Colours
PO Box 329
Woodside
South Australia, 5244
[email protected]
Contact phone number 08 8389 9182

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Old thread I know, but I'd advise against calling the above number for custom colours...you'll get a very irate old lady swearing down the phone at you...apparently she has a few people enquiring about 'pots of paint', and quite frankly, she's f**king over it...she's retired you know!?. ��

Anyone got new details for them?

Buggered if I can find anything online for them.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts