Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 07 Black America and I'm wanting to get the wheels, fork covers, and headlamp either powder coated or painted black. Not sure which technique would be better for pulling this off. I've seen a few members bikes posted that have this mod and would like some advice.

Just want to do it right the first time. Please advise.

OCD

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Powder coating is a form of painting, just applied in a different manner, Usually good powder coating will be a little less expensive than good 2 part painting. The paint must be mixed with a hardener and applied right away. Paints sprayed with out a hardener like spary cans will not have the durability of a 2 part paint and will chip and flake easily. All the stuff done on theses bikes is powder coating.

Powder coated frame on my thrux - including all brackets 350.00. - High due to the fact this was a 2 coat prosess involving near chrome PC followed with a coat a black chrome PC.

The wheels and hubs on this bike are were powder coated at 125.00 per wheel and hub.

PC headlight on my Bonnie. cost 20 bucks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Johnny-Johnny-Johnny, you're killing me with those beautiful bikes.

To OCDBiker, if flat black is what you want consider a Polyurethane paint like PPG DP90. Cheap to spray and is very durable. I opted for powdercoating on my Speedmaster including the tank & fender which was done in a textured bronze color.

/Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts