Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the paint store with pops today and got my color. Its PPG Vibrance "Oh So Sexy Red" and going to do the white my stock 03 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon White (insurance was nice enough to buy that) and throw an Ivory pearl on top. The white is getting sprayed right now and the red should go on in the morning. The Scheme we settled on was one similar to the Duc 1098R, classic and cool even if its Italian.

Total for 1QT of the base 1PT of the candy and 1PT of the white was $500. Not cheap but it'll look sweet.

An example of the color in the sun is here
https://www.streetrodding.com/index.cfm?f=pics.view&id=364640

And not in the sun
https://www.streetrodding.com/index.cfm?f=pics.view&id=364634

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for sure. The white with ivory pearl was laid down tonight and it looks amazing. Tomorrow we're laying down some tape and painting the red parts then clearing it all. Hope to start wet sanding monday and be on the road by the weekend at the latest.

i'm excited to say the least!!!

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I had to post to keep track of this one. If there is one thing in this world that is sheer enlightenment, it's painting automobiles and motorcycles! I'm looking forward to the after-shots.:D

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
That's going be a very nice colour motorbike!:D

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, paint was laid down today. I had to leave before the clear went on but this is the seat fairing and the center of the tail. The color looks almost bronze under the flourescents of the garage but under normal light as the pic was taken makes it look right. Not sure what it will look like in the sun because sadly it was snowing when I took the pic. Water sanding will most likely occur tuesday as my brothers bike is being cleared tomorrow night. Hopefully all will be done by the weekend so I can go enjoy the new paint and ride!!!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts