Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive nearly had me bike 12 months now and so far have managed with out any form of stand but going to need to do a service in January and soon after that im probably going to need a new rear tyre.

I dont like the idea of having to balance me bike and use a rear paddock stand ( im the type of person who will drop the bike). just wondering what other peoples experiences of the different types are?

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
The paddock stand I purchased (see TT600 picture thread) is very easy to use, requires no spools, and takes practically no balancing on a flat surface. I've used it in gravel, grass, slight gradients, blacktop, concrete, etc. to much avail.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use a generic Redline Engineering stand myself. It has rubber rollers, instead of using spools. Curious about needing to "balance" your bike before putting on the stand? I just put the paddock stand on when the bike is on it's side stand... the edge will lift the bike straight up, and seat it straight onto the stand. The only balancing I have to do is when taking the paddock stand off, to make sure the bike leans back onto the side stand.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have used PIT BULL stands. the D600 does not have spools so the stand comes with the option to do both(non spool) I also have a front stand too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a paddock stand and it's great only problem is you need two people to put it on..... But makes it so much easier when working on the bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts