Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation for a paddock stand that will fit the Trident with bobbins/spools? Was using a cheaper one from Harbor Freight with my Ninja 300 and it worked fine but it’s not wide enough to use with the trident.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for a paddock stand that will fit the Trident with bobbins/spools? Was using a cheaper one from Harbor Freight with my Ninja 300 and it worked fine but it’s not wide enough to use with the trident.
get a pitbull. Don’t use a cheap stand and risk your expensive bike falling off the stand.

·
Registered
2022 Trident
24 Posts
FWIW, the Trackside model from CycleGear is also too narrow, even at the widest setting.

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
I second the Pit Bull, it's well made/reliable and a no brainer for securely holding up your bike. Spend the money now and you'll buy some peace of mind; and you can hand it down to another generation in your family.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Less worried about cost as much as knowing the thing is actually wide enough. Don’t want to end up with 2 stands that don’t fit.

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
Thanks everyone! Less worried about cost as much as knowing the thing is actually wide enough. Don’t want to end up with 2 stands that don’t fit.
You can always call Pit Bull and verify. I use a Pit Bull on my STR3 RS and can't imagine it will not fit the Trident. Good luck!

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
I got the Vortex stand. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Vortex rear stand is a pretty good value and made OK (made in China). But note the rather short lever arm that requires a higher force to lift up the bike (probably fine for the Trident/relativity light bikes). Pit Bull is extremely thoughtful on their product offerings/features and actually has the option of standard (which is longer than the Vortex handle) and extended length handles, taking into consideration the weight and ease of usage. A pretty good testament of a commitment to innovation and product excellence.

I can attest that the Vortex Front Head Lift Stand take a very high force to lift up the front of a STR3, had to get my much stronger son to lift up the bike. The Vortex Front Head Lift was a good value for the less demanding user but harder to use. Pragmatically speaking, our pocket books definitely influences our buying decisions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I also thought with the short length it would be difficult for me to lift the bike but I don't find it very difficult at all. And I'm not buff by any means either lol

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The Vortex rear stand is a pretty good value and made OK (made in China). But note the rather short lever arm that requires a higher force to lift up the bike (probably fine for the Trident/relativity light bikes). Pit Bull is extremely thoughtful on their product offerings/features and actually has the option of standard (which is longer than the Vortex handle) and extended length handles, taking into consideration the weight and ease of usage. A pretty good testament of a commitment to innovation and product excellence.

I can attest that the Vortex Front Head Lift Stand take a very high force to lift up the front of a STR3, had to get my much stronger son to lift up the bike. The Vortex Front Head Lift was a good value for the less demanding user but harder to use. Pragmatically speaking, our pocket books definitely influences our buying decisions.
I agree that its the front stands that will highlight any shortcomings, I have this type of generic ally front and rear stands
RYDE MOTORCYCLE ALUMINIUM ALLOY FRONT & REAR/BACK PADDOCK STANDS SET/KIT BIKE 5051990718074 | eBay
and while the rear is a piece of cake on both bikes, the front takes a lot of effort to lift, especially on the TTR.

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
I agree that its the front stands that will highlight any shortcomings, I have this type of generic ally front and rear stands
RYDE MOTORCYCLE ALUMINIUM ALLOY FRONT & REAR/BACK PADDOCK STANDS SET/KIT BIKE 5051990718074 | eBay
and while the rear is a piece of cake on both bikes, the front takes a lot of effort to lift, especially on the TTR.
Thanks for your comments. Just to be clear, because of the cantilever/reach and hinge articulation to lift, the Front Head Lift Stand is much harder to lift than the front fork stand. The geometry/mechanical layout of this type of stand will benefit with a longer lever arm. BTW, the 2018 STR 3 takes a 15mm headstock pin (not sure the size for the Trident) The Vortex was reasonably priced but I'm glad I have a strong kid to help lift up the bike!

·
Registered
2018 Street Triple RS
231 Posts
I did see this on sale at the moment so might give it a try. Good to know that it fits. Not too worried about the shorter arm but we’ll see.
You'll be fine with the rear stand, Vortex is a very good value and surprising well made for the price (some assembly required). But I would still rate Pit Bull and Woodcraft being first tiered. Good luck!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here's some gee wiz info regarding the Pit Bull company that some of you may not know. Hint, he was a lead engineer in the space program before he started his company. It's worth watching the 3-5 min video below.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agreed, I picked up the same one and set it up yesterday for the bike's first chain clean and lube. I was a bit nervous on the first lift and lower, but the bike is so light it's no problem at all.
Awesome! I was also worried about the short length if it would be difficult to lift the bike, but it wasn't for me. I was looking at getting the Pitbull stand because of its longer arm and sturdier design but couldn't justify the price of double the Vortex stand. The Vortex stand feels more robust than the Trackside stand too.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Look at the harbor freight low profile stand.
Boxed aluminum construction, very sturdy. Been using for my street triple for 8 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts