Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to repack my Emgo reverse cone mufflers.

I unscrewed the 3 screws holding on the end cap but it won't come off. It's on pretty good. I could wedge in a screw driver and try to force it off but I'm afraid that I might mess up the chrome or ding the edges of the cap.

Any advice, folks?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Anyone ..... would a slide hammer help VirtualNomad, or do more damage? I can't imagine anything worse than prying with a screwdriver. Harbor Freight has some inexpensive ones with several accessories.

I had Luftmeister pipe on a BMW K bike that I could never repack, simply because I couldn't remove the rear cap even with the screws removed. I sympathize with you on this one!

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I managed to work through my issues and get my mufflers repacked.

It's no wonder my cheap little Emgos sounded so tinny. After only about 1000 miles, what little insulation there was had gotten compressed all the way down to the end of the mufflers, which pretty much rendered it useless.

A huge difference after repacking them. A much richer sound with more bass. And the tinnyness is gone. A little quieter too, which is a bonus. I'm very pleased.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts