Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
G'day Jeff

Just got home yesterday after 13 weeks in hospital (where the hell did Spring go??? :???: ) To date i have had 9 operations on my leg, the last one being the removal of the external frame and pins to my lower leg and foot, followed by pinning and plating the Tibia and Fibula.

Unfortunately, becasue of the extensive damage, I require another operation to fuse my ankle, this will happen Mid to late Jan '07 and will leave me with a permanent limp. At this stage i can't see myself getting back on the bike 'till march- April??? :mad:

Thanks for the well wishes regarding my recovery. Its going to be a long process but i have at least 6-8 weeks at home, so i'll be catching up on all the posts.

Thanks again
All the best
John

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Holy F ! Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound fun, but at least the worse is over. Hearing stuff like this almost makes me wanna sell the speedy. I couldn't go thru that !

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Oz, good to hear from you, I'm glad Jeff posted that as I was wondering about you as well - 9 operations!!! The recovery sounds arduous, and
painful and - whatever you're doing to keep your spirits up, know that
you have friends here. Also sounds like the doctors are capable and hellbent
on making your leg as good as it can be. Not that it's any consolation, but I've had at least one gorgeous woman tell me she found a slight limp kinda sexy... between that and the Bonneville, don't break any hearts...

;-)

Cheers,

D9

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Guy's,

Once again thanks for your thoughts and well wishes, they mean alot to me, and they help you heal from the inside.

At this stage I've got to give a plug to my Doctors at the Royal Brisbane Hospital... ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! they saved my right foot, gotta be happy with that!

Daz! don't you dare sell that beautiful speedy!!! :-D

all the best
john

·
Registered
454 Posts
OZ,
I need some of you upbeat/optimistic attitude! I love it. Best wishes to you on the mend and for the holidays.
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Bless your attitude Oz, its what's helping you heal.

·
Registered
679 Posts
John,
Good to hear from you. Haven't seen the jerk in the 4wd, but some of his mates take aim at me every now and then.

How is your girl?

All the best
Darcy

·
Registered
519 Posts
Get well soon...Thanks for the "doctor thanks" It goes along way and I'm sure my down under colleagues appreciate it.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
I won't sell it John, at least not till i'm ready for an upgrade. And you.......don't do that again ! :-D But geez........the fact they saved your foot is a HUGE sigh of relief moment ! the thought of losing a limb has got to be one of the worse nightmare scenarios i can think of. :eek:

[ This message was edited by: dazco on 2006-12-06 14:35 ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.