Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old men pointing
Grown men drooling
Very young men tugging at dad's sleeve to look.

And then there's me with the sh**eating grin on my face as I accelerate past.

Sure is nice to own a Bonneville.

G

·
Glad to hear you are a happy new Bonneville owner.

I put a deposit on a new 206 Goodwood Green today. Can't decide between the Bonneville or much less expensive 2006 Suzuki S50.

Leaning towards the Triumph, but it is a $1,000 more.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
On 2007-02-24 15:49, TCL wrote:
Old men pointing
Grown men drooling
Very young men tugging at dad's sleeve to look.

And then there's me with the sh**eating grin on my face as I accelerate past.

Sure is nice to own a Bonneville.
I never imagined it would take 45 minute's to fill the tank of my bonneville, yet everytime I pull in for fuel there are more and more story's swapped. The bonnie atract's alot of attention...what year is it....nice bike...I had a old 19xx man I loved that bike..

...and best of all, it even attract's women

:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Bonnie gets lots of Thumbs-Up's at red lights..........and many queries from guys that were weened on Bonnie's in the 60's/70's.

Love it

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On 2007-02-24 16:45, Darrin wrote:
Glad to hear you are a happy new Bonneville owner.

I put a deposit on a new 206 Goodwood Green today. Can't decide between the Bonneville or much less expensive 2006 Suzuki S50.

Leaning towards the Triumph, but it is a $1,000 more.
No offense, but that S50 does not hold a candle to the cool factor of the Bonnie. It's uniqueness alone is worth the extra $1000.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seriously....I would say that almost every time I take the Thruxton out, there is at the very minimum a double take from someone, and at the other extreme a 20 minute conversation with someone. I don't think I have ever owned anything that has quite the same appeal.

TCL, you will probably never get used to it, and that is good.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Rode to the Thunder Road House Cafe yesterday in OKC. Big Dog country. Vee Twin country. Black tee shirt country. The talk was about the 2 Triumphs in the parking lot.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sure..... I'll add to the chatter:

I went riding today with a couple skilled and rather FAST buddies of mine. One was on his FZ1, the other on his Ohlins equipped R1200S. Rather than take my Yamaha, I wanted to ride the Bonnie.

In the really tight stuff with sand & gravel on the road, they left me like I was a red headed step child. It takes a looong time for my mind's eye to see beyond the slippery stuff even if it's no longer on the road...... hey, they can have it!

But when the surface's were clean, and sweepers long and fast..... it was ON! Between the Works Performance springs and Hagon Nitros, the Bonnie rode real nice and stayed planted. Between my Predators barking as I pulled hard outa the corners, and blipping the throttle on down-shifts, the music I was making was worthy of their praise. "HEY, that thing goes GOOD! And it reminds me of the sound I loved when I attended those flat track races years ago!!!"

Based on their comments and tone of voice, I believe they were surprised that the Bonneville isn't as much the 'toy' they thought it was when parked next to their serious machines during breakfast.

Oh yeah babieee...... it was a GOOD day, and a GOOD ride!
And now there are two more people in the world who have developed a new found respect for the newBonnevilles......
:cool:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
All the very reason I will never get rid of the Bonnie. So many stories about enthusiastic recognition from people and the pure fun of riding a motorcycle from the pre-specialized era! Great fun, ain't it?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
My two riding partners are my two son's the busa brothers (Joe is 6ft 8 inches 310 lbs, and Jon is no fly weight either). We ride every weekend, and the comment is "Well old man get on your sewing machine and lets ride". But when ever we stop the sewing machine is the center of attraction.

Thursday I got my beloved Bonnie back from the dealer with its new set of blackened Togas, re-jetting and the new K&N filter. The boys have ridden the bonnie before, but now it is a different story. Big Joe came back with a big sh*&#&T eaten grin on his face "I can't believe the difference, I hit 90 in 4th (all 310 lbs) before I shifted :eek: (was afraid to ask how fast he went in 5th :hammer: ) Jon asked if he could take it to school that night (learning to be a welder :cool: ) Well class is over at 8 PM and he does not show up to 11 PM, grinning from ear to ear :-D shouting "I have to get one of these. Sorry I am late went Sportster hunting but no luck" Oh, how the sweet roar of my new bonnie make over, can change the heart's of the two Busa lovers :razz:

·
Registered
980 Posts
This is what I heard so far on this topic. "Guys keep looking at my Bonnie." Do your wives look at this forum? I'm not afraid to tell the truth! I got mine because chicks dig guys on Triumphs! :cool:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I think the best one is when the car next t oya @ a traffic light rolls down thw window & starts askin about the bike t owhere the cars behind start honkin & he still dont move! Yes gettin gas is always long w/ much old stories. Some times you just gotta say I got an appt gotta go! If you dont they keep commin up! Ever go in for a bite & come out to find a group of people encircling your bike?? Too bad wecant charge for looks- extra if they wanna sit on it? :???: :cool:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2007-02-25 08:48, BigChiefWoody wrote:
This is what I heard so far on this topic. "Guys keep looking at my Bonnie." Do your wives look at this forum? I'm not afraid to tell the truth! I got mine because chicks dig guys on Triumphs! :cool:
Yeah, I'm not married, but I caught plenty of wives looking too :wink: :wink:

[ This message was edited by: TCL on 2007-02-25 14:05 ]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had some guy tell me today that my bike was "****". Man, I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I don't think he believed me when I told him it was an '03. He was still shaking his head as he walked off...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had someone walk up to me and start a conversation about my bike within five minutes of leaving home today - I was at the drive up atm, so at first I was leery about someone walking directly over to me while I was putting cash in my wallet, but the guy just wanted to ask about my Bonnie.

I rarely go anywhere on the Bonneville without getting asked what year it is, how do I like it, how much is it, does it leak oil? etc. I get stares at traffic lights, people wanting to race me,

- It gets a lot of attention! I never expected it when I got the bike. I'm usually not very talkative, but I don't mind. I always try to convince the older guys who owned one when they were my age (24) to get one again. :-D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Spotting a Bonneville on the road is usually a rare sight. Seeing one being ridden by a young woman, that's like hitting the daily double at the track!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Darrin, Life is short! Get the Bonneville, and may I suggest that you shell out the little extra and get the T-100! I've owned lots of bikes, but I've never had any other that gives the shear riding pleasure of the Bonnie.

Riding the brand new bike home from the dealer's in Albuquerque, NM, I could never fill up in less than 30 minutes as people wanted to look at the bike and share stories about Bonnevilles long gone!

The bike is not the fastest or best handling around, but for pure pleasure of ownership, it cannot be beat!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not to mention the envious looks from Harley riders.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts