Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
I posted here a few times and I really appreciate all your feedback and advice...
Anyhow, I finally worked out a great deal on a 06 red/white scrambler I have been considering for the last few weeks. Event with the $500 Triumph rebate on 07's and a pretty good deal from a local dealer, the used scrambler deal was too good to pass up :D

Mods on the bike from previous owner:
- Fly screen (clear)
- TOR's
- skid plate
- center stand
- helmet lock

Going to pick up the bike this Saturday ... will post a few pics over the weekend...;)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Congrats Cat! Welcome to the Dirtside. I looked around for an 06 myself,because I liked the retro look of the silver cases better than the black on the '07,but I ran out of patience and went for the '07. It's used as soon as you ride it away from the dealership anyway.Plus you've got at least $600.00 worth of necessary(in my opinion)mods done for you. Sounds like a good score.

:beerchug:
Cheers!
Bruce

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Congrats! Bet you have some trouble sleeping until you pick up your new girl! When all the dust settles post a pic so we can admire your scram.

Monte :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the bike is covered until March 2009.... I actually spoke with the original owner who traded the bike in... he really kept her in good care.
very excited to pick her up tomorrow... we are supposed to stay in the low 70 over the weekend so I will have some time to ride her as well... :D

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
My dealer just told me that the original owner of my bike has traded in the HD he traded my bike for, on an '08 Scrambler, & he wants to get in touch with me to find out what I think of the TB upgrade. I'm not sure if that's ironic, or just the wheel turning full circle. But I hope he gets more use out of this one. He only put 2100klms on mine, in 8 months. Not that I minded when I bought it.
I'm just very happy that I never traded it on a Hypermotard. I'd be wallowing in buyer remorse by now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
They can have my '06 Scrambler - when they pull it from my cold dead hands! I will probably buy other bikes over the corse of my life, but I'm keeping this bad boy for the long haul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts