Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy on eBay is trying to sell his 955i motor with 6037 miles on it with a STARTING price of $920. I told him they are going for 500-600 bucks all day and he email me back saying "one of these years you might find one in your price range" so I referred him to this site to find out how much they should cost. :animad:

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
> I told him they are going for 500-600 bucks all day and he email me back saying "one of these years you might find one in your price range" so I referred him to this site to find out how much they should cost.

Want to let US in on where to get 'em for 500-600 bucks?

And I mean in the daylight, not down by the pier at midnight.

:roflmoa2:

·
Registered
700 Posts
920 sounded ok to me.......and if they're going 500 all day, why didn't you buy one of them? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but seriously?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'd have no problem spending a grand on a good 955 motor, if it was from a Speed Triple. What sucks is you have had to go through this whole process. I'm glad I bought mine new!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'd like a newer low mileage Daytona 955i motor. If you can find one with the headers, airbox, etc etc for even $1,000 I'll snatch it up!

Most Speed Triple motors I've seen have gone for around $1,000, but thats just the motor, no headers, no airbox, no wires...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw two on eBay for 5-600 bucks ending price. A guy said he'd sell me one from cycletrader and then sold it to someone else at $550. The guy with the starting price of 920 isn't including anything but the motor/trans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts