Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
To clarify, fan comes on at just over 104C, the temperature light comes on at 120C and I think the scale goes up to about 125C before it turns to "HI".

For normal riding (no stopping), expect temperatures 78-83C. Mine's reached 112C in traffic on a hot day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
people i ride out with seem to think my bike has a problem as the fan kicks in when stuck in traffic. Mine never goes above 110 so i've never seen the light come on. As far as i'm concerned things are as they should be and the fan is preventing it from overheating, not a sign that it already is overheating.

·
Registered
528 Posts
On 2007-03-04 12:30, markspeed4 wrote:
people i ride out with seem to think my bike has a problem as the fan kicks in when stuck in traffic. Mine never goes above 110 so i've never seen the light come on. As far as i'm concerned things are as they should be and the fan is preventing it from overheating, not a sign that it already is overheating.
my wife's tt is the same way low speeds in traffic seems like the fan is always on,about 104c.
I think thats normal for all the 600-4`s from triumph

·
Registered
259 Posts
I find my S4 to run between 80C-94C on a normal ride.
However in town riding it usually sits at 104C until I start moving again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah, mines like that too. Doesn't worry me in the slightest when the fan kicks in. Makes people wonder what the hell is going on when you turn it off and wal away from it while it's still humming! It's been nick-named the hoover by the gang i go riding with! :-D

·
Registered
851 Posts
If anyone thinks their fan is intrusive during city riding, try going for a slow ride on an '06 R6. Holy loud! All my friends used to comment on the fan noise of my speedy, until we met up with a guy on a brand new R6 last summer. That thing sounded like a hurricance and didn't stop once, even during several 15-20 minute breaks with the engine off! Now nobody says a word about the S4 :razz: .

[ This message was edited by: rustbucket on 2007-03-05 12:17 ]

·
Registered
97 Posts
Paint your bike white, everyone knows light colors don't get as hot a dark ones. Use an umbrella to block out the sun's rays at stop lights. Rustbucket is in the process of tattooing a riding suit all over his body so he can ride naked all summer and not get too hot. Hell, if you don't like the sound of you fan.....just take it off---that's why there's a radiator!! While your at it take one front brake off to show off your chrome wheels!! Holla. :) :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts