Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed the final paperwork transferring my 2005 BMW R1200RT over to Cascades Moto in Beaverton, OR for a new 2008 Rocket III Touring today. I'm actually bike-less until the $1,000+ worth of accessories arrive and are installed. Our weather is supposed to take a nose dive this next weekend that could include snow. I guess I'll have to weather the time it takes to get everything perfect. My friend caught me sitting on my new R3T that included the shipping plastic still on the gas tank and side-bags. I think it's a cute scooter! LOL

The Old

The New

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats Bob, you look like a happy feller sitting on the Rocket. Hope you enjoy your ride as much as I enjoy mine. If you have to wait a week before you can go riding at least you're getting some of the crappy weather out of the way til then. I've put 3k miles on mine in the 3 months I've had mine, but between feeling sickly & crappy weather, not 1 mile in the last 2 weeks, and I'm getting a little crazy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Bob, you look like a happy feller sitting on the Rocket. Hope you enjoy your ride as much as I enjoy mine. If you have to wait a week before you can go riding at least you're getting some of the crappy weather out of the way til then. I've put 3k miles on mine in the 3 months I've had mine, but between feeling sickly & crappy weather, not 1 mile in the last 2 weeks, and I'm getting a little crazy.
I've been without a motorcycle for 4 hours now and I'm already starting to shake.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats Bob, although the beemer is a great bike, and very practical, the Rocket will please you in other, impractical ways.....like gut wrenching torque and "in our face" prescence. I test rode an r1200rt a couple of years ago and I liked it, but when I rode my Rocket home I knew I would never buy one.

I have had my 05 Standard for nearly 4 years and every time I look at it I feel the same as I did 4 years ago. Its pretty hard to get bored with a Rocket. The Rocket is going on its 5th year now and there are 3 models, the Valk, also a great bike but died too soon, only lasted from 98 to 03. Honda screwed the pooch on that, but Triumph picked up where honda left off and created one helluva power cruiser.

Some day you will be riding in 40mph crosswinds, flying past semi's with ease while other bikers have a death grip on the bars and won't go over 60 mph, if they are even on the road at all. And when the xwind turns into a headwind the Rocket won't know it, and you will plug along at 80 like it was dead air. Some of best and most satisfying rides have been in high winds.

You are going to love it!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting to read how others refer to the withdrawals I succumb to when I've not ridden in a few days. For me, it's kinda like sex. If I go for more than a day or 2 without riding I get fidgety & irritable. I wonder if there is a physical explanation or if it's all in our heads?
I can't understand how those of you in colder climates cope with winter. I sincerely sympathize with you :(.
On that note, I think it's time to go ride my Rocket III before the shakes get too bad :D, or, maybe I'll take my new Bonnie :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imagine how I feel right now. It's been two whole days and I'm bikeless. I was just thinking of going for a nice long ride on Christmas day since Intel just announced there won't be work on that day. That's a first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts