Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of having my lucifer orange RS repainted a flat black, or extremely dark grey.

Due to recent terrorist threats I cannout get Lucifer Orange into Canada, but my bike needs a little sprucing up.

What do you guys think of a flat - stealthy? - black, or even the 675 graphite on a 2000 RS? Has anyone done this? Does anyone have pics?

I'm also thinking of a monochrome union jack motif in black/grey tones on the fairing - any thoughts or examples out there?

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*** indeed!!!

I know - it sucks, but new customs regs mean that paint can no longer be mailed across the border, since the liquid in the container could potentially be the matierials for explosives. There was some scare in London recently, since when air travellers can't even bring contact lens fluid or any liquid onto planes since that could be some kind of substance used by terrorists! :(

[ This message was edited by: haggis95 on 2006-11-19 17:30 ]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I won't tell you where I work, but those regulations were for items brought into the cabin and have nothing to do with suppliers sending their products through cargo shippers. I think you are getting a line of B.S.! There aren't any restrictions on UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS and such that would prevent them from shipping a couple of pints of paint! If that were the case the economy would come to a hault.

You can take contact lense solution into the cabin area. No single item can be more than 3oz. It must be in a 1 quart zip lock bag and presented separately from you other carry on luggage. All your make up/personal items must fit EASILY in that one zip lock bag.

I found this place that states it ships to the lower 48 and Canada. Of course they don't list ANY motorcycles, but they have a matching service where you can send them a sample. Might be worth a call to them anyway. Other people with motorcycles must have asked before. Hope it helps.

Auto Touch Up

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-11-20 01:22 ]

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the story I was given by a big paint supplier in the States - however, you're more in the know than me Stlakid, so thanks for the head's up.

But..., it's given me an excuse to go over to the darkside! What about flat black on an RS?

(p.s. enough Lucifer Orange paint for the tank, fenders and fairing would cost approx $450!!!)

I can get bbq paint for much less....

just kidding :hammer:

·
Registered
528 Posts
any good automative paint store should be able to color match any color,just get the code from the UK triumph site.I believe they`re in the tech section,some shops may be able to computer scan a part of your bike that still has good color.
but I do like the idea of the dark grey & graphics,
just my 2 cent canadian

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Hiya haggis how are ye mon?

Diya ken wit yer aboot laddie?

Diya no know that ye canna see yon bike if its awfy black mon? :)

Seriously that would be my only concern is it is not so visible.

I had a company Ford Falcon sedan once and I chose charcoal as my colour. Well every body in creation kept running into it, I ended up driving with my headlights on in the daytime to be more visible.

Just a thought to consider........... I actually think black bikes are pretty cool but maybe not so safe? :wink:

Davem :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts