Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as protection for the triple, what else can be put on to prevent damage? I dont want a stunt cage but would like a pair or race rails (powers stunt works makes them for bikes but not the triple).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hitting the circuit and attending a racing school might prevent a lot of future damage on your motorcycle too. I decided to do that after I added up the cost of sliders and other parts for my bike.

·
Registered
420 Posts
RACE RailZZZ are so stupid. They are not racing parts at all. Should be called Stunnazzzz wannabeezzzz railzzzzzz!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RACE RailZZZ are so stupid. They are not racing parts at all. Should be called Stunnazzzz wannabeezzzz railzzzzzz!
Stunters use cages. The railz are less clunky. My girlfriend wrecked her 05 gixxer 600 and if it wasnt for the powers rails the bike would have had a lot of damage done. I personally think rails would look cool on a triple being that its a raw looking bike, but thats just my .02

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'll discard the race-rails comment also. Had one on my zx-14, it saved it's a$$ bigtime. Stunters need cages and they prove their worth the first time the bike is dropped heavily. These maybe not appropriate for our bikes but they certainly have a place.

frame sliders: I have a full complement that have proven their worth..twice! R&G front engine mount, LSL rear engine mount (need the knee room), GSG-moto clutch and sator protector, R&G clutch and sator...just for redundancy and to cover the area the GSG covers dont quite cover. That might be slight overkill but I was able to pick the bike up, dust myself off and ride off into the sunset twice!!

Dont forget the radiator grille: I have good old 'mikes grille'. oldtyme speed triple standard (http://www.mikesgrilles.com/), there are others also.

Had my eye on these bad-boys for a minute now, just cant justify it as I already have sliders that have proven themselves to me but theres this: (http://www.deprettomoto.com/item_details.php?id_gruppo=315&id_modello_moto=50&id_marca_moto=4). They are in Italy, the price in in Euro's but it's easily converted. Nice alternative to Race-Railz?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I'm familiar with some of the companies you've recomended but have not scene any "test" done on bikes. I'm more familiar with woodcraft or vortex (neither have a listing but I'm going to contact Vortex). I did contact Woodcraft and the president said they had put something together for a customer a year ago and to call him he would take care of me (said it would be just like the others $69.99. At the same time Ian from Sick Ingenuities (known for crash cages and rails) said one of his employee's has a triple and will check to see if he will let him mach up a set of rails. I think the rails will be over kill but might look cool since the triple is a raw looking bike.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My sliders do an admirable job of protecting the engine, frame, and radiator but have done nothing to protect the stator cover on the left side or the clutch cover on the right. After 2 lowsides, it is getting really annoying to replace these covers. I wish I could find something that would protect the lower end of the bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had my eye on these bad-boys for a minute now, just cant justify it as I already have sliders that have proven themselves to me but theres this: (http://www.deprettomoto.com/item_details.php?id_gruppo=315&id_modello_moto=50&id_marca_moto=4). They are in Italy, the price in in Euro's but it's easily converted. Nice alternative to Race-Railz?
wow... i looked at the rest of their parts, and the fairing they offer is SICK; probably the only one i have ever seen that i think looks cool on the S3.

thanks for the link!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
My sliders do an admirable job of protecting the engine, frame, and radiator but have done nothing to protect the stator cover on the left side or the clutch cover on the right. After 2 lowsides, it is getting really annoying to replace these covers. I wish I could find something that would protect the lower end of the bike.
What brand sliders do you have installed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.