Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
To help clear up the foot peg debate, the following part numbers work on '04-'14 Thruxtons with no mods or shims.

Emgo part number:
50-11240 -Gold
50-11241 -Silver
50-11242 -Red
50-11243 -Blue
50-11244 -Purple
50-11245 -Black

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
$100? I got a Triumph brand locking cap for $75, shipped. Come to think of it, that's pretty expensive for a damn fuel cap that should have been locking in the first place...
This always confused me a little - I don't mind the idea of a locking cap, but not having one doesn't bug me... the tank on my car doesn't lock unless I lock the doors, and as far as I know, the tanks on my old subarus didn't lock at all - I'm not super concerned about someone trying to syphon my gas..is there some other reason i'm not thinking of?

·
Registered
355 Posts
This always confused me a little - I don't mind the idea of a locking cap, but not having one doesn't bug me... the tank on my car doesn't lock unless I lock the doors, and as far as I know, the tanks on my old subarus didn't lock at all - I'm not super concerned about someone trying to syphon my gas..is there some other reason i'm not thinking of?
It's not what someone might take out, hell, have at it. It's what someone might put IN. Think: sugar, handfuls of sand, water, etc.

Years ago I remember seeing rows of bikes in apts where kids went and pulled every fuel cap, prob to put on their wall like a Mercedes hood ornament, leaving bikes open to rain, dirt, etc., in the tanks. Every other mfg on the face of the planet, hell, the Universe now, has ignition-key locking caps. My FZR that out-dates the Triumph by 20+ years has that (along with vastly superior brakes, handling, etc.). Factory.

And wow..., even factory frame-mounted helmet locks? Huh? Come to think of it, my 1978 KZ650 had factory helmet hooks under the locking, hinged seat (hinged seat? Really? Listening Triumph??)..., sigh...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear brake pads

When I got my 03 Bonnie last year with a new MOT I found the previous owner needed to fit new disc's for said MOT but did not fit new pads, by luck I had a new set of EBC in package left over from my 08 model, but no rear, when I took the old ones out I thought they look familiar, they are exactly the same ones fitted to the front brakes of an 06 Royal Enfield Electra X of which I also had a set in stock!
Should have done the lottery that day!:smile2:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I fitted the Emgo Reverse Cone mufflers with the adapters at a total cost of $141 delivered. They fit fine, they sound fine - chrome seems good quality. Definitely more power. That and a K&N in the standard air box. Cannot see any justification for spending $500+ on Arrows. They cannot be that much better - law of diminishing returns. Need to open out the air box opening to make it breathe a little better so a lower cost option for that would be welcome.

Like the foot pegs - exactly which model do I need to order for the front 2012 Bonneville T100 (The Far East version).
Which part # and how much louder than stock? I'm after a set for T100 '16 don't want obnoxious just want character.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am trying to confirm cross compatibility between two Triumph speedos:

T2503032 – Triumph Scrambler EFI

and

T2503036 - Triumph America Speedmaster EFI

ie can I put the America Speedmaster speedo on a Scrambler.

They both look the same and are both for the EFI model.

Cheers.

Ps - I’m struggling to work out how to search within a thread so apologies if this has been asked before, or if there is a more suitable thread.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am trying to confirm cross compatibility between two Triumph speedos:

T2503032 – Triumph Scrambler EFI

and

T2503036 - Triumph America Speedmaster EFI

ie can I put the America Speedmaster speedo on a Scrambler.

They both look the same and are both for the EFI model.

Cheers.

Ps - I’m struggling to work out how to search within a thread so apologies if this has been asked before, or if there is a more suitable thread.
Not that this will help you, but the Bonneville America speedo will not work on a Bonneville. I know the speedos on the Bonnie and Scrambler are interchangeable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Despite my best efforts I can't find any reference to the length and size of the size cover bolts. I'd like to replace the "lucky coin" bolts with hex or allen key ones.

Anyone happen to know?

·
Premium Member
20,731 Posts
Despite my best efforts I can't find any reference to the length and size of the size cover bolts. I'd like to replace the "lucky coin" bolts with hex or allen key ones.

Anyone happen to know?

If you mean the outer crankcase cover bolts, this is a list for my 2009 SE, I'd think they're the same for yours:

Engine Covers and Sprocket Cover (all tightened to 9Nm-6.6 Lbs/ft):

Screw size and thread: M6 x 1.0 mm pitch.

1 off M6 x 16 mm
7 off M6 x 30 mm
14 off M6 x 40 mm
11 off M6 x 50 mm
5 off M6 x 75 mm
M6 Washer quantity = 38

Total 38 screws that include all the outer engine cases including the gearchange selector cover (just under the Sprocket cover)

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
If you mean the outer crankcase cover bolts, this is a list for my 2009 SE, I'd think they're the same for yours:

Engine Covers and Sprocket Cover (all tightened to 9Nm-6.6 Lbs/ft):
I wonder if he doesnt mean the screws that hold the plastic side covers on, the reference to the "lucky coin" made my think that, might be wrong.

https://www.triumphestore.com/p/Triumph_2015_Scrambler-EFI/Screw--Coin-Release--M6-x-20/59765764/T3335566.html from Hermy's.
@Hugo7, you dont mention the year or model, from your profile I'm assuming a Scrambler and I just picked a random year of 2015

·
Premium Member
20,731 Posts
I wonder if he doesnt mean the screws that hold the plastic side covers on, the reference to the "lucky coin" made my think that, might be wrong.

You could be right, now I understand the vague "lucky coin" reference...:)

I think the best are the PJ Glassfibre ones, they're solid machined stainless and aluminium and are both knurled for hand-tightening and have an allen head as well:

https://www.pjglassfibre.com/ViewItemvi.php?ItemID=Side-Panal-Bolts-449

That supplier is in the UK, like the poster, but there are others in USA, like these:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/british-customs-quick-release-side-cover-screws-triumph-bonneville-se-t100-thruxton-scrambler

Also in the UK there are these, but although a similar price to the PJ Glassfibre ones, they have no allen head, just knurling:

https://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/bonnevillet100thruxtonse-quick-release-billet-side-panel-bolts-black-33418-p.asp

161 - 180 of 205 Posts