Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcycle Daily did a write-up of the H-D Nightster

Clicky

Itchin started a thread about this bike a few weeks ago here

Guy was impressed that it could almost keep up with a Suzi DRZ400!

All for only $9595 :-D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yuck, I like the regular sportster more. Out of all of the HDs the Sportster is probably my fav in the looks department. The rest of them, excluding the vrod, all look the same. The Sportster has the peanut tank and a different line.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Not bad, I must say, if one found it's way into my garage, I wouldn't kick it out. If it wern't lowered it'd be better. I liked the protypes they sent out to the european shows, with the sportier tails. But this isn't too bad.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Gotta say, for your typical harley naysayer I kinda like it!

I kinda like the look of the ergos and the stance it put the rider into, for it's assumed role I think it could be an all day comfortable and easy going kinda scoot...not bad at all.

The bike itself quite honestly looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sorry but this is little more than an Hugger painted two-tone flat gray. Wasn't interested 15 years ago and not interested today.

Love the Triumph inspired fork gaiters. Nice touch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Love it. I had a 92 sporty done up with buell heads, pistons and ignition. I loved that bike. And I would love the "nightster" too. Harleys are fun. Take them for what they are. It wouldnt be at the top of my list if there was no suck thing as an s3. But it wouldnt be far off.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Love the Triumph inspired fork gaiters. Nice touch.
You mean Harley inspired fork gaiters, they have been using them for a while, this is a 1952 K model that led to the Sportster series. At that time I think Triumph was still using the steel "beer can" fork covers (you know like the ones on Harleys) and used them up till the early sixties. I think Triumph used the beer cans first but I could be wrong. The original Sportster, the 1957 had them too and I think they were a factory accessory for many years. I'm not trying to be a know-it-all (please correct me if I'm wrong) but it is an interesting bit of history, at least it is to me.

1952 K Model

1957 Sportster

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2007-03-01 14:26 ]

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Give it some flat black pipes, bring it in at just under $7K, and it wouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You're absolutely right Chuck. I was referring to the current trend by Triumph to use fork gaiters on retro-bikes. I know that Triumph didn't originate the idea.

A acquaintance of mine used to have an interesting K model Hardly. An ex-hill climb bike with so much valve overlap it would run backwards if it backfired when you kick started it.

It busted a primary chain and broke out the bottom of the case. Ever since it's spent most of it's time in pieces on his coffee table.

Ah, memories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts