Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Went to wedding last w/e in a little place about 2 hrs north of Sydney called the Hunter Valley. Gorgeous wine country... and twisties and back roads to die for!!

Girlfriend wants to take the car, cos we've got baggage and presents and time contstraints and blah blah blah.

Anyway, to cut a long story short... On the way back.. Girly says "Let's take the scenic back roads home... It's only an extra hour... and you might see some nice bikes too"!"

Seeeth hiss growl.

"That's a loveley idea sweetheart!!!"

Anyhoo... we stop for fuel at a stop just before a nice loooong straight stretch of country road, and see this young kid on a shiny new Gixxer 1000 pull up next to us, top off his tank and start checking his tyres.

Next thing... off he hoons, redlining and lifting all the way up the road.

10 minutes later, we go past him... sat at the side of the road... cop car sat behind him... lights flashing... sidestand down... gloves and lid on tank... shoulders slumped, and slowly shaking his head from side to side!!!

We saw him again at the next servo grabbing a coffee. So I rested my hand gently on his shoulder and asked what he was doing when he got pulled...

His answer... 260 kph (161 mph) in an 80k (50mph) zone - License gone... Compulsory court hearing...! He'd only had the bike for a week!!!

Survey questions are...

1) What would you actually say to someone in that position?

2) If it was you pulled instead of him... What would you have said to the copper?

3) What would you have done differently in this situation?

Prize available for best answers!!! :wink:

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
I'm thinking about the cop....he's gonna be a legend among his cop mates.......grabbing a guy doing 260kph.

The guy on the bike is lucky....some places 260kph would send you straight to jail.

·
Registered
146 Posts

-You took the risk, now you'll pay the price.

2) If it was you pulled instead of him... What would you have said to the copper?

-I took the risk, and am aware of the price and take full responsibility. I dont like weasling out of situations like this. If you take the chance and get cought, well tough luck aye.

-Probably wouldnt have gone 260kmph in an 80 kmph zone
:wink:

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 Bummer!

2 I was only planning on driving for 15 minutes, so won't make more than 80 km in an hour :-D

3 How can a car pull you over doing those speeds? If I would do so, i'de cover my plate and run for it..

·
Registered
456 Posts
1) Do you have a good attorney?

2) I had a bee in my helmet! (* No, i'd just tell him that he got me, with out admitting any specifics.)

3) Why stop if you're doing 260k. It would be unlikely that the cop would catch you at that speed. In many places, the ticket for eluding/not yielding isn't as bad as the speeding violation.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-03-12 05:46, 2Scared2Wheelie wrote:

Survey questions are...

1) Sh*t kid, sorry to hear, guess you need to sell yer bike now, huh? I'll be happy to help ya out in time of need, here's a couple of grand fer yer brand new gixxer. :-D

2) Sorry sir, your wife said you would be home any minute so I was trying to git away as quick as I could. :wink: :-D

3) If I blew by a cop at 161mph, I think the throttle wouldn't come off of the WOT stop fer a minute or two. :-D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
1. would ya look at that, my speedo is set to MPH.

2. Dumbass

3. If I was gonna open her up like that, I would have run the straight at normal speed to check for the police, then turned around and opened her up. :-D

[ This message was edited by: Limey on 2007-03-12 08:09 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts

-Should've ran.

-Hows your girlfriend? She still do that thing with her tongue? Amazing....

-Woulnd't have bought a Gixxer, that's for sure.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Survey questions are...

1) Well, think of the story you have to tell your friends.

2) Sorry Officer, I was just trying to deliver these donuts to the PD while they were still fresh. (Sorry to our PD brethren.....the joke was just too obvious to pass up)

3) I have to admit, although I don't generally condone it...I might have tried to make a break for it.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Limey, I hope your 1) and 2) are reversed...

Thank God my girlfriend insisted on taking the car.

Sir, did you get that speed clocked correctly? Yes? Then you are witness to a MIRACLE!! God Himself has caused this motorcycle to go beyond its physical limits. GLORY HALLELUJAH!

Supported by my sterling driving record (I know I'm gonna eat crow for that) claim a stuck throttle, that the Almighty Himself just released.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

answers:
1) "dude you are SO lucky your not in jail. be careful out there man."

2) "i'm totally in the wrong, and i apologize. i just had the motor re-done and wanted to give it a quick run through gears.

3) said "dude, you gotta wear some protective gear out here. if you ate sh!t at that speed you'd get fuked up pretty good."

was that a boring set of answers or what?

[ This message was edited by: zooplancton on 2007-03-12 20:56 ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts