Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago my dogs found an abandoned puppy in the corner of my yard. He was about 2-3 months old, wet, full of fleas, ear mites and other parasites that they get from living in the woods. We ended up adopting the little fella, a Huskie mix, to bring my total to three dogs.

We would often see a couple of other dogs wondering around, obviously living in the woods. They have the same breed mix and markings as my little fella, so I presumed they were related in some form or other. Repeated calls to animal control never resulted in them being caught.

Anyhoo, about 6pm last evening my dogs were making a god awful racket by my front gate, so I go and investigate. There at the front gate was one of these dogs with her brood of puppies(3) that look about 8 weeks old. They are in not to bad a shape considering their living conditions.

The mother is obviously my little fellas sister, same coloring, markings, same one blue eye one brown. She is such a good dog.

So it seems she was finding it hard to bring up her kids(who knows how many didn't make it) and brought 'em to her brothers house for food and rest. She came right into the yard and had no problem with us handling the pups. We fed and watered them and called animal control who could not make it out last night to pick em up. So the crew spent the night in the garage with food and water and comfy blankets.

They are all in need of medical attention, a good bath and DE-Bugging. I'm sure they will find a good home.

My G/F has fallen in love with the mother, but we have 3 dogs already. I can see where the conversations will be going over the next few days. Darn!

So here I am waiting for them to come and collect the tribe, totally screwed my day, but what ya gonna do. Just call me a big softy.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-12-08 06:45, cheapbastard wrote:
so if I ever need food and shelter I know where to come! :-D
If ya don't mind sleeping in the garage. :-D

·
Registered
973 Posts
Limey you big sissy. :-D I knew ya was a softy. After having to have my last dog put down i was ready for a break. Was the GF birthday and after dinner sunday night (10 years ago) we shot over to her x's house to pick up her boy. Her x says, "hey, you guys wanta see the puppies ?". I practically screamed NNNNNNOOOOO. Well they all disappeared around the corner into the garage and i hear theGF say, OOOOHHHHH LLOOOOKKK, they're so cute. I just sat there thinking,F^%K. Promises of i will feed it and wash it and walk it. Yeah right. Guess who got a new dog. Best dog i ever had. Just dont leave any bread on the counter, fat *****.

·
Registered
208 Posts
All of us animal lovers applaud you for taking them in, even temporarily. There is far too much animal cruelty in the world. Our farm contains 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 miniature donkeys, 1 miniature horse, and 3 horses. That' enough for us. :chug:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Limeys mix breed rescue....you could start a tax exempt non profit organisation that likes to buy motorcycle parts tax free!

Good deed there Limey, that changes my opinion of you greatly...of course my previous opinion was based on Cheaps talk about you and his cousin :)

Just kidding of course. I have guessed you can tell by my chosen name here and signature line below I like dogs a little :wink:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I run a similar operation here at the R100 Compound. I much prefer critters to humans.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they came and got the poor little buggers. They are going to get the medical attention and TLC they need.

I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this from the G/F. I'm sure there is gonna be steak dinners, bottles of wine and BJ's to try and persuade me to take the mom in. :-D

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-08 09:44, Limey wrote:
Well they came and got the poor little buggers. They are going to get the medical attention and TLC they need.

I'm sure I haven't heard the last of this from the G/F. I'm sure there is gonna be steak dinners, bottles of wine and BJ's to try and persuade me to take the mom in. :-D
Wow, an expert on ALL matters of the heart.

That's really cool about te pup's family coming to visit after a year.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
great story limey.
sure wish i could come down and pick one of them little fellers up from you.
it's amazing how 'human' animals can be sometimes. (like the cat that get severely burned by repeatedly going back into a burning home to retrieve ALL of her kits)

i hope they find a good home and not have to face the altitude chamber. those are great dogs and loyal as heck.
good man.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I've got three myself, The wife and I got married and shortly after bought a dog to tide the wife over for a bit ( she wanted kids right away ((it's a Utah thing)). SHe we got her a little teacup poodle that I appropriatley named Noodle. (Do not get one of these!!!!) So After she adopted a cat, I decided I needed a dog. I always wanted a big lazy dog. I wanted a Fawn great dane. My wife found some puppies and we went and looked at them. Ended up getting a black one (best dog i've ever had). 1 kid and another cat later, I came across some great dane puppies, the owner said she was trying to unload them so she could move. I picked one up for $200 (fully papered should go for around $1,000) I soon learned why I got such a great deal - the dog had a growth disease and after a day with me, couldn't stand or eat. A trip the vet for some meds. For 2 months I had to carry her outside and hold her up while she peeed. That got old real quick, not tha tI had to carry her out but having to watch her try and stand up. The vet said he's seen one dog pull through this and that she most likley wouldn't make it and the meds would probably end up shortening her life dramatically. I figured I could put her down or up her meds and let her live as good a life as she could. after she turned 8 months old I quit giving her the meds and she's been just fine since. Danes are great dogs good with the kids and preotective around strangers. Just don't leave any food out.

Wow that was a long one. Good luck with the pups Limey

·
Registered
591 Posts
You could always ship one to me. You can send 'em regular ground, no need to hury. Just make sure you seal 'em up good in the box.

:hammer: :pkit:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Your dog stories are just too cute. I didn't realize that motorcycle boys had such good hearts. I though thought you were mostly an immature bunch of obnoxious, emotionally stunted speed demons.
---wife of F1eric :-D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
How about some photos of these bad boys Limey?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Somehow this seems like a classic bad idea. Adopting wild dogs when there's rabies and such around? Ouch.

Props for doing it though :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On 2006-12-09 03:13, f1eric wrote:
Your dog stories are just too cute. I didn't realize that motorcycle boys had such good hearts. I though thought you were mostly an immature bunch of obnoxious, emotionally stunted speed demons.
---wife of F1eric :-D
We have hearts, we just tend to leave 'em at home when we go ridin' :hammer: :-D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts