Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm at this dinner last night and this blonde English lass is there. I'm wearing my new Triumph t-shirt with "Welcome to Fabulous Hinckley" on the back (Triumph logo on the front - yes, I'm a t-shirt whore).

I ask her if she's ever been to Hinckley. Nope, says she. She's never even heard of it.

Well, how about Meriden?

Nope. Hadn't heard of that either.

She's from Yorkshire (insert English person joke regarding Yorkshire here), which I vaguely understand is in the northern part of the country.

So, I Google Earthed the whole lot. Turns out Hinckley and Meriden are sorta in the lower middle o' the island, while Yorkshire is, of course, up north. And it's a big country. I should no more expect an English Person from one part o' the rock to know where something is on another, any more than I'd expect someone from Tampa to know where Two Egg is. (Hint - it's west of here, and it really is called Two Egg).

So I guess nobody's geographically challenged. After all - why know where something is if you've never needed to know (and trust me, nobody needs to know where Two Egg is).

And yes... it's a slow day at work.

Side note: The Google Earth images of Meriden are pretty good; Hinckley's fuzzy; Yorkshire is a blur.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The girl probably thought she was in Miami.

Yorkshire is a beautiful place. If you Google Earth the place you will think its a cloudy day with puffy white clouds everywhere, but thats just all the sheep. :-D

As far as Hinckley goes, you try and drive through that part of the country without stopping. :hammer:

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't think the nationality comes in to it R100 - the fact that she is blonde should explain everything.... :-D You can ask a blonde a very straight forward question and end up getting, well, a very blonde answer. Here's an example.Q: Ask a blonde why cars have sun roofs? A: For more leg room of course. :-D I've got lots more where that came from... There's a challenge for all of you, who can trump me on blonde-ism's.

[ This message was edited by: Sparti on 2007-01-22 21:00 ]

·
Registered
411 Posts
On 2007-01-22 13:30, Limey wrote:

As far as Hinckley goes, you try and drive through that part of the country without stopping. :hammer:
Now Limey, thats a bit stronge coming from you, living in a place that's recognised for having the Banjo as its National instrument.. :moon:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
On 2007-01-22 17:43, Tricks wrote:

Now Limey, thats a bit stronge coming from you, living in a place that's recognised for having the Banjo as its National instrument.. :moon:
Its even worse than that Tricks, I was born in Middlesbrough. Even the Germans didn't bomb that place coz they felt sorry for us.

There was an explosion at the ICI plant once, it caused 3 billion dollars worth of improvements. :-D

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Its even worse than that Tricks, I was born in Middlesbrough. Even the Germans didn't bomb that place coz they felt sorry for us.

There was an explosion at the ICI plant once, it caused 3 billion dollars worth of improvements.
:roflmoa2: :roflmoa2: :roflmoa2:

·
Registered
182 Posts
On 2007-01-22 15:29, Sparti wrote:
I've got lots more where that came from... There's a challenge for all of you, who can trump me on blonde-ism's.
Whats a blonde got in common with a broken washing machine?
They both drip when theyre fu**ed!!

Whats the difference between a blonde and a washing machine??
You can dump your load in a washing machine and it doesnt follow you round for a week!!

Whats the difference between a blonde and a fridge??
Fridge dont fart when you take the meat out!!

Oh well it can only degenerate from here... :-D :-D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Limey, you gotta be kidding!! I was born in Middlesbrough and lived there until I was 17. Funny how I live 12,000 miles away now and you are not far behind! :-D How long did you live there?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I lived there till I was 10 then we moved down south. My folks have moved back up there now so thats where I go when I visit. Small world heh. :-D

G

·
I could have a dig at your England grammar there but I will let it drop. As for the geography conundrum, Hinkley is not really somewhere that would be known outside the bike world. Somewhere in the middle of the country is pretty much all you could expect and that is no disrespect to all those fine Leicestershire folk.

As for M’Bro and the Germans bombing it, well I am Hartlepool and ofcourse can boast of early bombings in the Great War (1st soldier to die on British Soil) and in the Second (1st Air Raid Warden to die).

No jokes about monkeys and hangings please…………..
:razz:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Actually I lived just outside Hinckley for 15 years. There is an army barracks not 5 minutes outside of Hinckley, which used to be an airfield in WW2. This was bombed, several times, but that is the extent of it. Not sure why I said that......useless knowledge for you all. Funny how we all end up in differnet places though, couldn't wait to get out of the UK. Still proud to be a Brit though!!!!
As for the Yorkshire lass.....they can't be as bad as Essex girls!!!! The epitomy of Blonde!!!
Tricks, where in Leicester are you?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Glen Parva Satansk9.

Emigrate, I would if I could, tomorrow, the trouble is – the Mrs and her mummy and daddy.. :2guns:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tricks, I know Glen Parva. I use to live in Wolvey,and Broughton Astley. That is one thing I miss about the UK, the little country villages. Get out into the boonies here, and you are surrounded by scarey shot gun wielding, toothless hicks.
You could always leave the missus, and poison the parents....after you have cjanged their will of course. Just kidding mate.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How many years ago was it you lived in Broughton? What bike did u have?

By the way, could I have ur address, just done the deed. lol :2guns:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Get out into the boonies here, and you are surrounded by scarey shot gun wielding, toothless hicks.
Hey! I resemble that remark!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I left the country when the girl I was living with started the baby talk, all the time. after a couple of months of that ***** I packed my bags and left her a dear john letter, or whatever its called for a deranged female. :-D

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
On 2007-01-23 17:20, Limey wrote:
I left the country when the girl I was living with started the baby talk, all the time. after a couple of months of that ***** I packed my bags and left her a dear john letter, or whatever its called for a deranged female. :-D
I see you are one of them sensitive new age guys, Limey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts