Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anybody know where I can get genuine Triumph brake pads for an '05 Tiger online in the UK?

Thanks

Russ

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sprint, as linked above would probably be your best bet as they stock Nissin pads. Would be preferable to spending £30 a pair at the dealer. I don't know if they changed the front pads too on the 05, but Honda dealers can be useful - including David Silver spares who sells OEM (Nissin) pads for Hondas.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definitely agree with the Nissin vote (after all, they made the calipers so should know a thing or two!).

I just had to bin my last set of Nissin pads; they lasted well, but a stuck piston caused one pad to wear rather unevenly towards the end, which accelerated their demise.

I now have a set of Carbone Lorraine pads with which I've previously had good experiences on other bikes.

But... well... they just don't seem as responsive :( They're still good stopping material, don't get me wrong, it's just that they don't seem to have the same instant confidence-inspiring bite.

I miss the Nissin pads!

·
Registered
164 Posts
But yeah, my Nissin pads came from Sprint Manufacturing, along with my non-OEM discs which are bliss compared with the warped, cracked OEM Sunstar ones :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts