Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Orange Crushin'

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  heatrj 
#1 ·
Well, today I doubled the size of my collection of orange Triumphs with this R to go with my Speed Four. It seems that the consensus is that it looks much better in person, as the dealer said he had to keep people from sitting on it despite the SOLD signs on it all week. So for all you people that were down on the orange, you were wrong, and always have been :)

Yes, I will get those reflectors off, and have a set of GB sliders waiting to go on, but we have weather coming, so my biggest concern was getting home today. So far I am loving it!

Still not totally sold on the handlebar as opposed to clip-ons, but I'll reserve judgment until I get the play out of the throttle cable and the brake lever adjusted to my liking. It was hard to keep her in "break-in" mode, but I managed some restraint, somehow.

It's good to be a member of the Street Gang now!

Zane

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats zaner! Yes the front reflectors have to go. I went w/ the white 3M Diamond reflective tape on my white ST3 over a year ago and no probs thus far.

btw, grew up in the Ironbound/Down-neck section of NWK a good while back.

Best.

#10 ·
I call my orange R - Golden Brown, after that song on Snatch. It is a really sweet looking bike in person. Others seem to agree. I haven't seen a single "picture" of an orange R that made me want it. Seeing it in person under a lot of light (light reflects off it really neatly) made me choose it immediately. The black is great contrast to orange as well. I was hesitant getting a stockwell jacket initially (love the style but wasn't sure it'd match), but it surprisingly goes really well with the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.