Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get some kind of decal or badge on my repainted gas tank on my 2013 Bonneville. It is now solid rat black.

I like the leaner look of just a decal and the color selections but am I correct that such decals would appear glossy snd might not wear well unless over coated with a matte clear?

Are there metallic badges that just have the word triumph?

Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this fit newer Bonnies?

Does this tank badge fit a 2013 Bonnie? Being metal, it would not have much flex and I have to attach it using double-stick tape so the radius would have to be the same.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Someone else can chime in, but I BELIEVE the tank was changed in '08 to accommodate EFI parts, and remained the same through 2015 (even though the US bikes didn't get EFI until '09). So if I have that badge, it should also fit a 2013.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Someone else can chime in, but I BELIEVE the tank was changed in '08 to accommodate EFI parts, and remained the same through 2015 (even though the US bikes didn't get EFI until '09). So if I have that badge, it should also fit a 2013.

Also worth mentioning for others that find this thread that some of the '08 and '09 tanks have holes under their plastic badges. I have a "2009" EFI base model Bonnie with spoked wheels. It was manufactured in May 2008 during the transition from carb to EFI. It's a bit of outlier because Triumph introduced the SE in 2009 to replace the base model and got rid of the screw holes.

The heritage badge will screw directly onto these tanks and I had no issues with the angle.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where?

Where did you buy your tank badges? I saw someone mention Bike Bandit but they just wrote to me and said it would not fit the Bonneville.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where did you buy your tank badges? I saw someone mention Bike Bandit but they just wrote to me and said it would not fit the Bonneville.

They should fit your Bonneville... They just aren't made to fit a Bonneville.

"The parts are listed under the 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport – Fuel Tank & Fittings:

1 – BADGE, FUEL TANK, LH – Part # T3900087 = $43.28
1 – BADGE, FUEL TANK, RH – Part # T3900086 = $43.28
2 – GASKET, TANK BADGE, LH – Part #: T3660132 @ $8.06 ea. = $16.12
4 – SCREW, SECURE – Part #: T3330529 = $17.92
TOTAL COST = $120.60 plus local taxes"

That's from this blog....http://triumphbonneville.org/triumph-heritage-tank-badges/

It's dated 2012 but they should still be available from your dealer or BikeBandit, who orders directly from dealers/Triumph. I called my dealer earlier today and they can still order them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Bike Bandit are right in that the badges screw on to the tank and your mag wheel 'bonnie has a different shaped tank with no screw holes. That being said people have managed to glue various types of the carb'ed 'bonnie accessory badges onto the EFi tanks. Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts