Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am asking this question before I need tires. I have a 2014 LT and the only thing that was a turnoff about the bike for me is the spoke wheels. I am looking for wheels that would be non spoke and tubeless. has anyone ever changed out their wheels? I like the wheels on the commander but did not like the front end look on that bike. will those wheels fit on the LT?
thanks.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I don't think the wheels are interchangeable. Unfortunately there's not much out there for Triumph in general. That's one of the downers of choosing this brand. Did you look at the Storm as an option?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I actually asked this question once before at my dealer. The tech explained that the bikes have different size wheels. And they would not be interchangeable without some other modifications. A few miss that come to mind would be fender mods. The LT fenders aren't designed for the wheels on the commander.

Of course I'm basing this on the word of someone else.. and not on first hand experience. But having seen both bikes up close.. I do not believe the wheels will be interchangeable as a direct "bolt on".

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like you are right joey1970, the commander has 140/75-17 front tire and 200/50-17 rear and the LT has 150/80-16 front and 180/70-16 rear. it looks like the LT has a shorter, fat tire and if you go with the commander wheels the taller narrower tire would rub on the fenders. bummer.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I like the look of the spoke wheels but prefer the practicality of the tubeless non-spoked wheels. It's a pity you can't change although I shudder to think how much Triumph would charge for them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tire sizes Commander vs LT

https://tiresize.com/comparison/ This website is a great reference tool.

It will fit under the fenders, will change the speedo about -3 mph at 70 MPH. You will need some parts like spacers and the like to make it work.

The front wheel and tire on the Commander is : 0.10 in shorter, 0.40 in narrower, and 0.60 less circumference than the LT.

The rear wheel and tire on the Commander is : 1.00 in shorter, 0.68 in wider, and .6 in in circumference less than the LT.:nerd:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am asking this question before I need tires. I have a 2014 LT and the only thing that was a turnoff about the bike for me is the spoke wheels. I am looking for wheels that would be non spoke and tubeless. has anyone ever changed out their wheels? I like the wheels on the commander but did not like the front end look on that bike. will those wheels fit on the LT?
thanks.
Hello hummech, Did you eventually find an option for swapping out wheels on the LT?
I have purchased a 2015 LT and am wondering if the wheels on the Commander would swap out. Have looked at many forums also compared parts list on both models from Triumph UK site. Not sure if part numbers are interchangerble between models however the only difference between bikes that I could find are with the front brake rotors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts