Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just picked up a 12 Street Triple and i was wondering what temp (bars) is normal for you all. I just hit 100 miles yesterday. I read in the manual that 3-5 bars is normal, yesterday and today I was running 5-6 bars (it was 90*+ yesterday and about 65 this morning when i road in). Yesterday was mainly city driving and today was freeway to work at about 75. Is this normal for you all or is that running a bit hot? Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Your good, thats what mine runs too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My bike only ever sees 3-5 bars while its warming up. Given the amount it rains in UK (vehicles might as well have snorkels as standard) 5 bars might be normal in the bikes home country.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK cool thanks for the input all! yeah i was 6 bars again today after about 20 minutes, it was about 95 degrees today however.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mine (in the UK) runs at 5 bars steady as long as it's moving. Another bar often appears when it's stopped in traffic.

Rob

·
Registered
137 Posts
6 bars and steady here in aus. Hot weather, cold weather, any weather

·
Registered
52 Posts
So i just picked up a 12 Street Triple and i was wondering what temp (bars) is normal for you all. I just hit 100 miles yesterday. I read in the manual that 3-5 bars is normal, yesterday and today I was running 5-6 bars (it was 90*+ yesterday and about 65 this morning when i road in). Yesterday was mainly city driving and today was freeway to work at about 75. Is this normal for you all or is that running a bit hot? Any input is appreciated!
From one newie to another, this is the type of information in the owners manual. PM me if you'd like a copy of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts