Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been going to Gengras for a few years now and I have heard through he grape vine that they are trying to get out of the Euro brand by not stocking anymore new parts or motorcycles. The last time I went in there I was not too happy with the service there, I mean who doesn't have a oil change kit in stock???

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hey Sivercloud, Pay attn. to Streettriple16's comment's! Now that sound's more like the guy's at Swansea, you know, ''piss on the guy's that can't work on their own bike's'', I would bet $ to donut's that with that attitude he's more like an employee there than a customer! Hell uv a testimonial !

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wonder if silvercloud ever went in & figured it out for himself.
Swansea still does all my service, and as I said before, they have been nothing but fair & professional. I think the Street-Triple rider hit the nail on the head "some people just aren't happy unless they are bitching"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I've never been to the Swansea dealer, but I have had excellent experiences at both Riverside (Union Square, Somerville) and Performance Cycles in Westboro, MA. Both have top notch customer service, I can only assume that their service staff is excellent as well.
+1 to both options, another (if you're heading north for a ride) is Second Wind Triumph / BMW in Merrimack, NH

Cheers,
Adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been living in Dighton for 4 years and I pass Swansea Suzuki/Triumph quite often but never stopped in because I never see any bikes there. Because of that when I purchased my new TBird I got it from Precision Triumph in Pawtucket, RI.
Today I took a ride and stopped in to see the Swansea store. There were a few people milling around but still no bikes outside. I asked if they were an official Triumpg Dealership. Roland said yes they were and for 18 years. Roland says he and another guy are the owners. They have a mix of Triumphs and Sazuki's in their showroom with a reasonable amount of accessories, helmets and clothing on display. Swansea is 10 minutes from home. Pawtucket is 30 minutes from home. I think that I will give Swansea Triumph a try next time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Good luck with that and when parts or accessories you needed 6 mos. a go haven't come in yet, let every one know how your decision to give them a shot worked out for you. Wonder why you never see any bike's there?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If I was you I would stick with Mark over at Precision Triumph. At least he is a motorcycle enthusiast, and you'll get your parts in a timely fashion. The guys in Swansea don't even like bikes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The last few times that I have visited Marc I felt he same way about him, as you do about Swansea. That's why I was looking for an alternative.
I'll take your word about Swansea and continue to service in Pawtucket where I already know what to expect.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Precision Triumph

My dealer experience
Bought my 2010 Black T-Bird 1700 from Precision Triumph this past June. I dealt with Marc.

The test ride (which we spent about 30 minutes) riding thru city, country and highway to get a good feel for the bike.

The deal, no bull fair price for a great bike. Realistically it can always be lower but I got alot of bike for the money. I paid in full no financing.

Service, completed on time as promised with no problems. I think I dealt with John he was very helpful as well.
After the 500 mile service I was fortunate to speak with the mechanic who did the work. He answered all my questions patiently and was very helpful.
Dealing with service was not awkward at all because this is a dual Triumph/Harley dealer. The Harley guys were also very helpful and polite.

Accessory orders, knowledgeable, fair price delivered in time frame promised.

I would highly recommend Precision Triumph, their sales and service team.

John B.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Better late than never...

I searched all the Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Hampshire dealer websites to see who had a bike I would be interested in buying, a Tiger 800 in particular. Performance Cycles in Shrewsbury MA is closest to me, and they had only one roadie and a couple XC. I went there to look, but they were too busy to talk to me.

Off to the next one, which was Triumph of Swansea. They advertised a leftover 2011 Tiger 800 ABS for $200 off list price. I went and bought it for a lot less than that, and got a "city" tank bag included.

I cannot imagine a more pleasant and stress-free transaction, and I have no worries about service because when I went o pick up the bike they had installed the tank bag (requires a little bit of disassembly) for no charge and put my registration plate on it for me (though every dealer would likely do that.)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How timely.

I visited Triumph of Swansea this afternoon, as I was in the area on a work assignment. Steve was great to deal with! I asked if they has a windscreen adjusting kit for my Tiger 800 roadie. He said he did, but then offered that he had a Triumph Tall screen in stock that included the adjuster. I bought it for $145, and those things are out of stock at many dealers.

Triumph of Swansea rocks, and for Turk955i to say "they don't even like bikes", he couldn't be more wrong. Steve (the co-owner with Roland) personally owns over 30 bikes, all kinds.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Aw, now my feeling's are hurt. PixMan,thank's for setting me straight about those wonderful guy's over there, I had em' all wrong. streettriple 16,(or is this Steve hiding showing his true colors) I'm going to AA tonight because I have seen the error of my way's especially in my judgement of your heroes at SWANSEA. What are you Steve and Roland's bun boy? Tell Steve besides AA i'm also taking a gay sensitivity training course so when him and Roland come out of the closet(I heard that story to)I'll watch what I say.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Aw, now my feeling's are hurt. PixMan,thank's for setting me straight about those wonderful guy's over there, I had em' all wrong. streettriple 16,(or is this Steve hiding showing his true colors) I'm going to AA tonight because I have seen the error of my way's especially in my judgement of your heroes at SWANSEA. What are you Steve and Roland's bun boy? Tell Steve besides AA i'm also taking a gay sensitivity training course so when him and Roland come out of the closet(I heard that story to)I'll watch what I say.
Bun boy? Hurt feelings? Gay sensitivity training?

I'm sorry of you feel that way as I meant no harm, I just want folks to know that the guys over at Swansea are sincerely good guys.

Perhaps you've got me all wrong. I've been married to the same girl for 31-1/2 years now, and that's til death do we part. I also don't drink but one or two beers a week, so no AA needed for me. I hope you're OK.

Peace.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have read a few negatives about Triumph of Swansea on here and have to disagree. I have nothing but good if not great things to say about those guys over there. They service all of my bikes and have never had a come back, everything is always spot on and the prices seem fair. I am in business also and most of the complaining customers I get are the ones that will never be happy with whatever you do for them, so I say piss on them, don't bitch and moan when you have to pay for something you can't do yourself. Just my 2 cents. And by the way Marde, it's brake, not break.
Yup, Truly Amazing!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The last few times that I have visited Marc I felt he same way about him, as you do about Swansea. That's why I was looking for an alternative.
I'll take your word about Swansea and continue to service in Pawtucket where I already know what to expect.
Thanks again.

I think old turk sounds a bit bitter... don't you?
maybe better to make up your own mind, rather than listen to the $hit slinging of an anonymous internet tough-guy.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts