Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my stock Bonneville mirrors with bar end mirrors, wonder what you guys think of ones that look like the foldable CRG ones on Ebay for $46 + $8 shipping for a pair of 3" foldable mirrors with bar end adapters? If you go to ebay.com, type in auction numbers 350128024862 and 140282244904. Both sellers have pretty positive feedback on these mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
i have seen them on a bike all i'll say is you get what you pay for !!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I have a set that I don't use...the left side came apart during installation due to the plastic mirror retainer being poorly moulded during production & misaligned during assembly. The mirror broke when it hit the floor.

Overall, a good price, but not a good value in my book.

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
673 Posts
The CRG's are costly, but they are worth the money. They are very high quality and sturdy. I've had mine up to 110mph and they don't move a bit. Some of those aftermarket mirrors can't handle speed very well.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Knock offs

I have the CRGs and after two years they have come loose a few times and I have had them apart to flip the arms for various mounting. They still look as good as new. I second the you gets what you pays for. But the knock offs look the part and your wallet sez that's the limit?
I would wonder if the plating on the screws would hold up. But replacements at the hardware store are cheap. My CRGs are fleabay purchases just to save a few bucks. The time spent waiting and bidding was wasted, so I should have bought new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
coincidence. i just bought a set of these by the seller "moto-deluxe" from ebay. they are the ones that flip up. still waiting for them to come in the mail though.

search "moto-deluxe" ...some ppl seem to say they are pretty well made compared to the even cheaper ones, and i remember them saying that they dont really vibrate.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've heard that those knock offs have a habit of losing the glass. Do a search on here, and you'll find posts of people complaining about glass falling out at highway speeds. Some used adhesives to correct this. napoleons are a good mirror for the $$, although a different look.

J

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got both and am satisfied with both. The quality on the cheaper one's isn't as high as the CRG's, but they were half the cost. So far, I haven't had any problems with the cheaper ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts