Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1181 - 1197 of 1197 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Anyone riding to Paris this weekend for the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group rally?

I'm hoping to go on Saturday to check out all the great old bikes.
I'm there for the weekend, Hope to ride the '66 Bitsa. If you see a guy on a black and silver 60's Triumph with a high pipe, that'd be me. Paul

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Take advantage of today's record-breaking temperature?

Myself and a friend on a BMW F650GS rode to Forks of the Credit, then up to Hockley and through Mono Centre before heading home. Temperature hit a sunny 19 C this afternoon! I saw another Bonneville with a group of bikes riding through Hockley.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sold the thruxton last month (still not delivered, but paid in full and ownership transferred). Picked up a '14 Speed Triple R with under 7K on the odo with a few nice mods. Took her out for the maiden voyage. Not far from home, but enough to get the feel for it. Cant wait for some rain to clean these roads up a bit so I can see what she'll do!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
.. A most enjoyable ride in the sun...
Great pictures with all the snow in the background.

I went to check out the Bobber at the motorcycle show. I was disappointed to see that the seat did not seem to offer a second level of suspension.

Very nice piece of motorcycle art though.

·
Registered
2014 Bonneville
391 Posts
Started reading this thread and after a few pages noticed it was over 100 pages long, lol. Some folks way back on page 5 or something were looking for a nice twisty road ride out of Ottawa, so for an all day tour of about 350 km total, I would recommend taking 417 west out to Arnprior, then hang a left (south) on White Lake Rd., then take a right (west) on Burnstown Rd. and ride that to Renfrew. Get on 132 at Renfrew and take it all the way to Hwy. 41. Go right on 41 then a quick left on Opeongo Rd. Follow the Opeongo Rd. to Foymount and 512/66 on to Wilno then you can visit the Wilno Tavern and zip back to Renfrew on Hwy 60 then back home on 17. Lots of awesome gravel backroads around Wilno and Killaloe too. Taking a left instead of right at 41 and heading south to Kaladar then 7 east back to Ottawa can be fun too.

·
Premium Member
2008 Bonneville Black
12,269 Posts
Any suggestions for destinations in western Ontario? I'm going to cross over to Ontario at Fort Frances, and likely take 71 up to Kenora just because a friend there were some brewpubs there. Then work my way over towards Thunder Bay and cross back into the states on the Superior shore.

I'll check out Kakabeka Falls. I might ride up to Caribou Falls or to Red Lake, just to get remote. Any other suggestions? I'll probably be in Ontario 2-3 days.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey folks, new Triumph owner looking for other Triumph riders in the GTA. I live in Pickering. I'm selling my Yamaha FJ 09. I picked up a 2018 Triumph Street Triple 765 R in early September and I am trying to break it in before the snow flies...lol. I have 1226 km on it and I am trying to get past that 1600 km mark before the season is over. Any Triumph riders in the Ajax/Pickering/Whitby/Oshawa area or anywhere else in the Durham Region? Anybody in the Toronto area? Looking to connect with riders for meet ups, rides etc. I am trying to find the twisty roads in Ontario but they don't seem close to me in Pickering and I am hearing bad reports of the condition of Southwood Road #13. I just want to connect with other Triumph riders. Heading out for a short lunch ride on my bike right now and dropping by GP Bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Morkys, a little late of a reply but another street triple owner in the Durham region here (live in Courtice, work in Pickering, 2018 RS), and there isn't too much close, you have to head north if you want to string more than one or two turns together. I got lucky with Southwood after the ATLAK meet, must've been just before the construction. If you head north of Bowmanville there are a few roads, and Northys Bay is always fun. Wait till the break in is done, it becomes an animal!

·
Registered
2014 Bonneville
391 Posts
Not sure how far you guys are willing to venture out for a ride but there are some cool roads north and east of Peterborough, up around Lakefield, Madoc etc. Roads around Haliburton and Bancroft are lots of fun when they are not busy, but a bit far from Pickering.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the Peterborough and Lakefield area is where we normally end up a couple times a month. Spent a couple days riding the highlands this summer too, some nice roads up there.

1181 - 1197 of 1197 Posts