Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Ontario rats

171K views 1K replies 110 participants last post by  Pistin' Broke 
#1 ·
Sad to see Ontariorats.com closing shop.Just not enough chatter,possibly due to larger sites like this?
Any how...if any Ontario Rats are on this site lets keep in touch here :)
aka TriumphGuy ;)

#6 ·
If you look at the number of posts & their dates on this forum you can see how an Ontario dedicated site would be hard put to keep alive. Before you get to the bottom of the first page you are back to 2010 :eek:.

There doesn`t seem to be a large Triumph following in Canada, although I`ve read that the company is gaining here. I seldom see another Triumph on the road here. If I do, it`s usually a retro or cruzer model (nuthin wrong with that). Just wonder if the riders of the different styles of Triumphs don`t cross each others paths very often, or don`t feel a connection.

RAT Ontario seemed to be mostly cruzer/retro, with the odd Sprint.

#8 · (Edited)
Well you can see by the response how well that`s gonna work. We could all go on the forums for our particular models & give an invite to this thread & see what happens. There must be enough Triumph riders in Ontario to get somethin` goin`. If only the occasional day/evening meet in your area. Perhaps work toward an all Ontario meet once a year at a central location or shifting locations to make it easy on everyone.

All the RAT Ontario meets were in the Niagara region, & got attendees from the US also. Nice enuff blokes I`m sure. However... winery tours & shopping trips are not really my thing. One year they were supposed to show up at the Niagara motorcycle raceway. It`s a 1/4 mile dirt oval for flat track & speedway bikes. I was pitting for a friend fielding a Norton against the Japanese onslaught. Never seen `em.

As I said B4, maybe the diversity of the product line is not condusive to a get together of the owners. Perhaps the youngbloods on Daytonas are not compatible with the touring crowd on Sprints. Maybe the retro/cruzer riders don`t relate to the naked Spd.3 owners. I know the Meridan vintage owners in my area consider my Spd3a rolling abortion/Jap type bike.

#9 · (Edited)
I like El Destructo idea of an occasional meet. I'm an older rider who lives an hour N/W of Stratford and I've a friend with an early model Triumph bobber. I'm sure we both would come to a meet say in the Stratford area. It would be nice to meet other riders interested in Triumphs of all models

#12 ·
I`ve actually seen a few Speedmasters, Americas, & a T-Bird on my way to work in Kitchener. There`s some Bonnies & Thruxtons in the Baden area. Tho` I have a Spd.3, I appreciate wot others are riding. I`ve owned a `70 Daytona 500, `70 Bonneville, & 2 `74 Norton Commandos in the past.

Unfortunately I work weekends & that`s when I see these other Triumphs on the road.

This area used to be a hot bed for the old Brits. Then the shop in Shakespeare closed due to the owners death. Same with the shop in Waterloo. The one in Wellesly closed for a few years & is now re-opened more HD oriented.

The old shops were frequented more by riders, not the collectors, & restorers that have taken over the old Brit scene. You could ride the back roads on a sunny Saturday & see all manner of old Brit. bikes.

#13 ·
I agree. I'm used to live in Stratford and the main bike at the time I was growing up and first into motorcycles were British mostly BSA & Triumph. My first bike was a 250 Ducati then a Honda and Kaw. Then I got my first Triumph a 1970 T100 what a lot of good times I had on that bike. Now the Thruxton is doing the same for me, my Sportster I've rode for 16 yrs. just sits now.

#15 ·
Well I did my bit on the Spd.3 forum. Now it`s up to you blokes. Let us know which forums have got an invite. I`ll go on the one`s that have been left out, if no one else is gonna do it. There`s a big list of forums for the the individual models, so PLEASE!!! take it upon yourself to extend an invite.

If you don`t make the effort, well... we all know what happened to Ontariorats.

#23 ·
Yeh.. it would. But for that to happen it takes some effort to get the ball rolling. My observations are that people in general prefer to take a back seat approach.

Anyone else tried a post on their home/model forum directing people here ?. Did anyone reply to it ?. You`d think with all the different models & forums if they`d all been given an invite, we`d already have a few more posts.

#21 ·
Damn, I'm just down the road from you Gobear. I haven't really been out to any events this past year. I don't have a good excuse, I guess I didn't really look that hard for any. I'm on the ott-motorcycle forum, and I've been out to a couple of their weekly meet and greets in the city, but thats about it. Once we get rid of this white stuff on the ground, I'm hoping to get out for at least a couple of local events.

#30 ·
Allo ladies and gents....I will be taking to the roads of Ottawa when the bloody snow buggers off on my Thrux. Now, to prep the bike for the Queensway and drivers who believe we are in a post-apocalyptic death race (maybe an aftermarket accent and a length of chain).
I would be up for swinging down for a meet or knocking about up here for a few spins.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.