Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: If you ride in Ontario be you from here or passing through our government under a private members bill is about to change the age rules for passengers to a minimum of 14 years of age. That is on the back of a motorcycle, trike or in a side car. It has passed the first reading so now is the time to contact your MPP and let them know what you think (Good old snail mail hand written is still the best for catching attention) Pick up the latest copy of Canadian Biker at the news stand and you can read the article, it will be a vote of thanks to them for making us aware.
Please pass this information on to any Ontario (Voters) riders that you know.
PS If you agree with the law change......":censored:"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Stop bill 117 / Ontario

Not if I can do anything to make you feel welcome and legal. I wish that I could scan and post the article but copyright prohibits this. It points out the stats used are flimsy at best not saying kids were not hurt but compare that to car accidents or school buses.
For sample letters visit www.motorcycling.ca/issues/provissues/ontario/index.html

Its 15, under that and it will be a no go if this private members bill (making your bones in government) passes second reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts