Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my personal '68 TR6R back together after the total rebuild, and am now stumped. My transmission only has first gear, but, without the engine running, It feels like it's shifting, but it must be finding false neutrals. I'll mess with the indexing tonight and will report back. Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved: I modified the cases to accept the index plunger as opposed to the steel spring. Turns out that the plunger holder must have had a bur because it was stuck down and was not locking the camplate. Works great now....All 4:)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'm confused (but that should be no surprise). I didn't think the leaf spring came out until 71 or later on the OIF models. You say your 68 had it without the plunger in the bottom of the cank case? Were your cases changed at some time? Where does your crank case breather come out of the engine?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a 100% original bike, just an everyday rider. The engine is actually a 1970 (with primary breather) and had the leaf spring inner gearbox covor. The rest of the bike is pretty much '68 stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts