Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
apparently millions of athiests disagree with that also.

Of course even if there is More it doesn't make it any less pointless for us.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
all you're doing is adding another layer in before the pointlessness.

You say without something else existence is pointless, well whats the point of the existence of the something else unless that too leads to something else?

and so on and so forth.

Alternatively if the deity of your choice can create his own pointfullness then so can we.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
all you're doing is adding another layer in before the pointlessness.

You say without something else existence is pointless, well whats the point of the existence of the something else unless that too leads to something else?

But if the intent is " to me life is pointless if I cant ride my Motorbike " thats another thing alltogether from the esoteric concept of Karma or reincarnation , 27 virgins sitting on a wall
hope Im there when the busty one falls " sort of theory.:)

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
But if the intent is " to me life is pointless if I cant ride my Motorbike " thats another thing alltogether from the esoteric concept of Karma or reincarnation , 27 virgins sitting on a wall
hope Im there when the busty one falls " sort of theory.:)
so you create your own pointfullness and belief becomes merely a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Its human nature too always try to find a reason for things.at the end of the day, that reason is usually chemical, biological, or physical. Doesn't make life any less beautiful, meaningful, our wonderful. More so, in my opinion, as we don't have to revert to the supernatural or the imaginary!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
so you create your own pointfullness and belief becomes merely a matter of personal preference.
well sort of,... like Fred Smith says to himself , " The point of my life to me is to feel safe, look after my family, treat others with consideration and take my model Tugboat to the local lake on Saturdays . :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
well sort of,... like Fred Smith says to himself , " The point of my life to me is to feel safe, look after my family, treat others with consideration and take my model Tugboat to the local lake on Saturdays . :)

....so it all comes down to "whatever floats your boat"

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Whether life goes on after death is a moot point, which no one can either prove or disprove. My point was that this life ends with death. & death is rarely a pleasant experience. So while I agree that good times follow bad, as bad times follow good. It's the bad times that win, in this life.

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
death is rarely a pleasant experience.
That's a bit of a sweeping generalisation there isn't it?

Many deaths will be of the sudden, victim knows nothing about it, variety - nothing unpleasant about that.

Some will be from an excess of pleasure.

Any death during sleep or stupor will be just fine.

It's really only the slow lingering kind that's not pleasant.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I believe my use of the word rarely means that my statement isn't a sweeping generalisation. Most accident victims aren't killed instantly, & must suffer their horrendous injuries until they do. Heart attack & stroke victims suffer greatly too. People are very fortunate to have a peaceful death, & I'm sure they're in the minority.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Seems like we're split pretty much evenly on this: Half thinkin' money can buy all sorts of happiness, half sayin' there are other things more important.

Whaddaya gonna do?:confused:

Lastly, death is a total bummer, no matter how it happens. "Hell" is getting old, and regretting any opportunities passed, and all the things you could have done, but didn't for various reasons.

Life is... short.

Bob - the aging biker

·
Registered
66 Posts
Life may be short but It'll be the longest thing you ever had!

For me, money can't buy Pippa Middleton, she'd probably prefer the Thunderbird though. :(

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I've been poor & happy, though I've been poor & miserable more often. & I've never been so poor & happy that a wedge of cash couldn't make me any happier (the more the merrier). As Billy Connolly observed "I've been rich & I've been poor. Rich wins!"

41 - 60 of 62 Posts