Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to find my rear rebound damping adjuster. I noticed that my scottoiled chain was very rusty on the inside. Its the opposite side to where the chain is oiled from the little feeder pipe. I was told that the set up was sufficient for very little if any chain maintenance.
I will try and increase the flow of lube to see if that helps, but i certainly wasnt expecting rust. Blimey!:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Scottoiler

Scottoiler do an extra part that has dual lube needles.

To be honest, I don't think that the outside of the chain is the main thing to lube. So long as you are getting lube into the point where the rollers meet the side plates, you are getting it to the right place.

Rexx

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I contemplated getting a Scotoiler, and spoke to a guy at my local Hein Gereke - he mentioned that they were going to bring out a new version which worked on engine revs rather than vacuum pressure, to cut down on wastage and muck created by the excess of oil.

In the end, I just use a dry chain wax (Wurth or Profi dry Lube, ) much neater and only need to do it (dependent on conditions) every 200 miles or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts