Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted some TORs on my 06 S3 today :cool:
But one of them doesnt seem to fit as far as the other into the main pipe by the heel guard.(rear of silencer is touching the indicator) :???:
It is stopped by the Main bolt holding the can onto the frame above the rear footrest hanger.
Ive noticed the bracket on the race can has a drilled hole on the fitting bracket, as apposed to the standard can which has a slotted hole, which allows for more flexibility in fitting.
I,m looking at modifying the hole on the race can to allow it to push further onto the main pipe.
Is this normal??? :???:

[ This message was edited by: blk on 2006-11-13 08:50 ]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Speedydave
There doesnt seem to be anything catching the silencer.
It just seems to be held at that position by the main bolt :???:
I,ll let the dealer have a quick look, when he puts the remap on.
Worst case scenario, i make the hole slightly elongated by a couple of mill on the can bracket. Dont want the indicator turning into mush :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
BLK,

I have to modify the holes in mine too.. I took a dremel tool too it and enlogated the hole. They see to fit better now

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its seems a bit strange that the standard cans have elongated holes, but the race cans dont.
I think i,ll probably go the dremel route :hammer:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
My TORS had the same problem. Hole needed elongating, which I never got round to doing, 'cause I got a Zard instead.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
C'mon over the pond. We'll make it fit :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts