Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Yes, but perhaps not for a man who wants a boat or an airplane. Or a condo on the beach of San Diego.

Been through all 3 of the above scenarios. I had to say no, not because I didn't want him to have those things, but because they were completely impossible for us to afford short of winning the lotto or robbing banks.
And just what do you see is wrong with robbing banks? Remember Bonnie and Clyde had a swell life.

Roxy, look for a little better class of men who have a plan on how to get what the two of you want out of life.:p

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really don't want to be nosy but just how many pair of black shoes does she have? You might end up with 9,10 or 11 bikes. Hap:D
God only knows. I use the closet in the spare room to keep my stuff and avoid hers at all costs!

For several years she worked at a large nation-wide department store chain, and kept up with all the latest fashion, so things like shoes just collected... In her defense, we moved earlier this year and she donated most of her shoes/clothes. Before then, I'd guess she had around 20 black shoes. That might be low-siding it.

Well, women do need a variety of shoes and in many colors. So that argument might work, but if I were your wife I would point out that all my shoes combined cost less than 1 bike:D
Yes, my wonderful wife immediately pointed out the cost differential. Honestly, I'm not sure what argument was the one that worked. I think it was actually work-related; three year-long deployments to the Middle East = three bikes. If so, the cost of another is rather high. Other than going to Qatar for the MotoGP race I'd rather visit other regions in the future!

But, since I like bikes just as much, you wouldn't have to use any argument with me for buying another.
You are a lucky man, roxynoodle.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
And just what do you see is wrong with robbing banks? Remember Bonnie and Clyde had a swell life.

Roxy, look for a little better class of men who have a plan on how to get what the two of you want out of life.:p

IIRC Bonnie and Clyde were shot down dead by a slew of LEOs.

Yes, I do date stupid men:D A teacher and a salesman with a combined income of $120k aren't going to ever have a condo on the beach of San Diego! And an airplane. I tried to point out to him that my best friend's brother, who is a millionaire, does not live on the beach there because he can't afford to. If a millionaire can't afford such a home, we sure didn't have a chance. I think we could have afforded, maybe, a tent there.

I did encourage him to take flying lessons though. WTH, he wasn't contributing hardly any money to our household. He may as well have spent it on that so I didn't have to hear anymore about how his dream of being a Navy pilot had been ruined by his getting married and having a family instead.

H

·
0 Posts
IIRC Bonnie and Clyde were shot down dead by a slew of LEOs.

Yes, I do date stupid men:D A teacher and a salesman with a combined income of $120k aren't going to ever have a condo on the beach of San Diego! And an airplane. I tried to point out to him that my best friend's brother, who is a millionaire, does not live on the beach there because he can't afford to. If a millionaire can't afford such a home, we sure didn't have a chance. I think we could have afforded, maybe, a tent there.

I did encourage him to take flying lessons though. WTH, he wasn't contributing hardly any money to our household. He may as well have spent it on that so I didn't have to hear anymore about how his dream of being a Navy pilot had been ruined by his getting married and having a family instead.
Well dear lady, you could expand your possibilities a bit by going to an airplane auction or classic bike auction Nice, well off gents, (gear heads) always interested in like minded folks (woman included). As I understand it you have left the teaching field and now are a farmer/biker. Quit dating teachers/salesmen.

Oh yea, Bonnie and Clyde lived high on the hog till murdered by that nasty cop. Saw the movie.:p

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Well, I was the teacher and he was the salesman. I don't complain about what I have or don't have. I knew the deal going into teaching that I was never going to live high on the hog. However, the salesman did choose the wrong major for everything he wanted! And no one forced him to get married instead of entering the Navy. He might want to blame his ex wife and children for that, but it was on him.

And yes, it does get worse since I had to leave my profession due to my illness. My income is really, really bad now! I surely didn't have plans to retire at age 40. And right now I'm so sick I'm not doing much riding or much of anything else either.

Anyone know how to kick a bacterial infection in the intestines? I'm on 7.5 weeks now and am horribly ill. Pro biotics aren't doing the trick and now I'm facing one of life's great traumas: the colonoscopy:eek: I'm still convinced this was caused by antibiotics and is an infection because I have a fever.

Oh, and yes, my friends recommend I start hanging out at the Toledo Yacht club to meet a better class of men:) Before I can consider that though I really need to cure whatever crawled up my a$$ and died! Ok, that isn't quite what happened, but it feels like it.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I'm down to 10. My wife asks how many do you need. I say one more!!
4 Nortons, 1 BSA, 1 Yami. 1 Husky, 2 Guzzi, 1 little Duc 250. Trying to thin our the hurd without much luck as it's usually a trade

oops forgot the Sprint that makes 11 and I'd really like a street Triple R

41 - 53 of 53 Posts