Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so now that I've installed the TOGAS and jetted at 125 with 3 turns and actually have lived to tell the tale, I have time for one more mod before riding weather is here for the season. I don't have $ for a NARK or other airbox replacement but have removed the AI So I ask this august group...
Is there another low/no cost mod that's worthwhile? When people on the site talk about removing the snorkel what do you replace it with? Is removing the restrictor plate worth more than the fun involved with the wrenching? Do either require another re-jet?
As always, I appreciate the time and effort

(fighting the temptation to "adjust" the suspension with my few scheckles btw)

·
30,533 Posts
Well you don't HAVE to pull the airbox to get similar performance gains - check these links out for various options regarding chopping the airbox about. Rejetting definitely required any time you increase air flow into the carbs.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-tec...ning-modifications-and-so-on.html#post1132928

Check out the airbox modification threads

Removing the snorkel is easy enough - a lot of people don't replace it with anything (inexpensive!) some like a bellmouth (needs $$s). Removing the restrictor plate has definitely shown gains for people. Check out Venturas scrambler airbox mod threads - lots of detail on it there :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts