Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "68" T120 left the garage under its own power this afternoon after a ground up going over (not a restoration but a good going over). I rode it about 10 miles and couldn't stop grinning. Had to fill up before the ride and some guy pulled in to the station to ogle the bike and talk. People walking their dogs were giving the thumbs up. Some guy on a Sportster at a stop light was waving like he knew me. Checked it over after the ride and found no oil leaks. Plenty of grease slung off from the new chain but that'll wipe off. Got a little smoke from the exhausts but hey new rings sometimes do that til they seat.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Congrats on the first ride! That's always a great feeling. Get used to being delayed by the oglers, talkers and story-tellers. They *LOVE* to talk about the old triumphs. Seems everyone's uncle used to 'work on them' and every popular high school athlete in the '60s rode one ... at least that's what it seems like from all the stories I get told outside 7-11s ...

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, I don't have a digital camera. I've asked to borrow my daughters and will post some pictures as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the cudos. I am excited.
OK! So what is the recommended head re-torque and oil change after rebuild schedule. I know I've seen them in the threads here but I'm haven't been able to find them in my "search this forum". I've ridden it about 10 miles so it got up to and stayed at operating temp for a while. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts