Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things i like about biking is the unique perspective you get of the road and other road users. While riding and not just filtering, you see so many drivers reading newspapers, applying make up, texting, scratching their balls whatever. These people get on my ****, especially since i have nearly been squashed a few times due to distracted drivers with a phone glued to their ear. So when riding we all know that they are easy to spot, and when ever i see anyone using one i like to surprise them by riding alongside and 'politely' gesticulating to them that they should stop it :knockknock:. You can tell that the first panicky thought is "****, thats 3 points" and look really sheepish and mournful, which fills me with delight, and maybe will think twice next time the phone rings or they have to make a call [yeah right!]
Anyway, riding into Manchester yesterday afternoon, my route takes me past Old Trafford, and i could see up ahead a flash black Bentley coupe, and as i got closer i could see in the wing mirror a phone being held up to an ear. Immediately i thought, i'm not havin this. Pulling alongside and who should it be, but a certain Mr C Ronaldo, with his very orangey tanned face and shiny black mop to match his motor, on his way to work i guess.
I dont think he had a clue what i was trying to say to him. Probably thought i was a city fan giving him the finger, cos he looked at me like i had two heads, or i had just left a floater in his swimming pool :Driving:, and his gold trimmed mobile stayed exactly where it was. He lowered his window, but i was already past him, so unfortunately no conversation took place. A small anecdote which brightened my day anyway.
Anybody else seen anything unusual while riding?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep... caught a bloke 'Punishing the Pope' a few months back.. What a tosser!!

Chicks applying lip gloss and stuffing tissues down the front of their tops on the way to work are up there as well.

Muz

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
One of the things i like about biking is the unique perspective you get of the road and other road users. While riding and not just filtering, you see so many drivers reading newspapers, applying make up, texting, scratching their balls whatever. (snip) Anyway, riding into Manchester yesterday afternoon, my route takes me past Old Trafford, and i could see up ahead a flash black Bentley coupe, and as i got closer i could see in the wing mirror a phone being held up to an ear. Immediately i thought, i'm not havin this. Pulling alongside and who should it be, but a certain Mr C Ronaldo, with his very orangey tanned face and shiny black mop to match his motor, on his way to work i guess.
I dont think he had a clue what i was trying to say to him. Probably thought i was a city fan giving him the finger, cos he looked at me like i had two heads, or i had just left a floater in his swimming pool :Driving:, and his gold trimmed mobile stayed exactly where it was. He lowered his window, but i was already past him, so unfortunately no conversation took place. A small anecdote which brightened my day anyway.
Anybody else seen anything unusual while riding?
Classic! ....the closest I've been was following a Mazda Miata...yuttz was yapping on the cellphone...didn't use a signal for more than 10 curvy miles (you got it, not a passing zone around...sigh) and he did the "speed up/slow down" thing for the entire 10 miles. FINALLY we came to a stopsign and he hung a left while I was turning right. Popped up the faceplate, waved at him to catch his attention and asked, "planning to sell the Miata soon?" Puzzled, he said, "No, I love the car!" My reply?

"Well, then hang up the *&%^ cellphone and USE THE D%&M TURNSIGNALS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CLAIM THEY'VE NEVER BEEN USED IN YOUR AD!!"

Look on his face? PRICELESS....

Derswede

1 - 3 of 3 Posts