Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little vertical (filled with rubber)blank spot on my light switch (o3 Triple). I understand this is for an on and off switch for the lights. Legal in Europe. I would like to get this switch to control my Piaa driving lights. Anyone know if it available separately here in the states? Or has anyone successfully found and used another switch from a different source? The switch on 08 V Strom looks like the identical unit as my 03!!! but I have to buy the whole unit!! ??
thanks
greg

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
A few of us on here have gotten the older switch w/the on/off from www.triumph-ant.com They are in Wales, and have a ton of used Triumph parts. The EU requires headlights to be on all the time now too, so these switches are becoming scarce. Contact Sandy at Triumphant and see if he has any available.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a little vertical (filled with rubber)blank spot on my light switch (o3 Triple). I understand this is for an on and off switch for the lights. Legal in Europe. I would like to get this switch to control my Piaa driving lights. Anyone know if it available separately here in the states? Or has anyone successfully found and used another switch from a different source? The switch on 08 V Strom looks like the identical unit as my 03!!! but I have to buy the whole unit!! ??
thanks
greg
Any pics of the driving lights on the bike?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics of lights

I will try the source for the switch , many thanks. I have the Piaa lights mounted low with the bolt for the "stone guard" on the tubes.I then wired the power to come from the high switch source(obviously the lights will come on when I need them and then can be "dipped" when i go to low without separate switch). I am very happy with the high beam(also Piaa h4 up grades) and the driving lights for my country road driving(need to see the deer and such a lot earlier...could try to slow down at night....ah..but what is a bike for!), but I really could not see a big difference on the freeway. Oh yes, I had to avoid wiring to into my modulator (can not understand why EVERY bike does not have a modulator......SEE and be SEEN!)
I will try to post a pic tomorrow
GREG

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
Note that you can't get that light switch separate from the whole left handlebar switch assembly.
If you find one of those, then you need to cut the wires to the connector plug for the lights and loop them out; then you can use the switch for your auxiliary function

Here are some great accessory switches from Eastern Beaver that would meet your requirements and match nicely with the OEM stuff.

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Switches/switches.html

He's in Japan but things come within days of order.
Great guy! Check around the web-site - he has all kinds of useful electrical stuff on there that is all bike-related

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Redtbird

you really from Mayville WI? I grew up there, parents still live there,

Conrad Faust, graduated from MHS in 1999,

do i know you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts