Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
618 Posts
More than the location, I miss seeing the motorcycle info under the avatar. Especially in the technical forums when you're trying to figure out what kind of bike they are working on. It's not on their card either, so that info is several clicks away.
We're working on this, I have seen someone on the development team begin to live test this on a site, and if it meets or passes scrutiny and bug testing, we hope to have this out to y'all.

Kind of. That would work if I ever used a PC with a mouse. I use a tablet & browser almost exclusively so hovering isn't an option. Good to know about the hover option, though. Thx.
A "light click" on profile or the flag on a mobile browser will load this information as well. Let me know if you need further help.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Where is the "next thread" (and "previous thread") button(s)?
And how about actual dates instead of "6 days ago"?

I feel like I'm being dumbed down...
The forum populates "Recommend Reading" based off of similar interests from other users. It allows you to preview your next browsing beyond blindly going to the next thread.

Likewise, if you want an exact time, hovering over a timestamp will tell you exactly when it occurred.

Hope that clarifies some functionality for you.
-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
The forum populates "Recommend Reading" based off of similar interests from other users.
I guess I'd rather make that decision on my own. That way I don't run the risk of missing something the system didn't think I'd be interested in...

Likewise, if you want an exact time, hovering over a timestamp will tell you exactly when it occurred.
OK, so, the info is available. I guess that's something I'd rather not have to do myself... Oh, well, I geuss you can't please everyone all the time. I guess I'm just a bit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

·
Administrator
618 Posts
I guess I'd rather make that decision on my own. That way I don't run the risk of missing something the system didn't think I'd be interested in...

OK, so, the info is available. I guess that's something I'd rather not have to do myself... Oh, well, I geuss you can't please everyone all the time. I guess I'm just a bit of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
We had to fix what was broken. This is new, it will take a little time to learn but you will get to know it in short order.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
I've had quite a while to get to know it. Another forum I frequent must have been Verticalscope's guinea pig. At least this one didn't go through the same stuff. I know there were serious problems with the underpinnings of the old platform; much more information was shared with the other forum, but I think for us dinosaurs, there's a lot not to like about this new look. Too bad they can't have a "skin" that looks more like what we're used to.

[/soapbox]

21 - 26 of 26 Posts