Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Nice change, like the simplification of the forums.

however, the colors are hideous. Any way to change them?
I really like the "Dark Mode" you can change to by clicking the three dots in the upper right of the page next to your avatar. Most forum dark modes are too dark and contrasting for me but this one is perfect IMHO.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Is it just me or does everybody else show every thread with unread/new messages on them?
Most of the threads do not have new messages but they show as though they do

·
Administrator
11,046 Posts
There's this "Jump to Latest" button to the top right of a thread, I think that brings you to the first unread post:

When you're in a forum, you should see a "Start Discussion" to start a new thread:

"Threads" are now "Discussions", "PMs" are now "Conversations". "Administrators" are now "Grumpy". ;)

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Is it just me or does everybody else show every thread with unread/new messages on them?
Most of the threads do not have new messages but they show as though they do
This all is populating as of being moved to the new software, so if you haven't checked in since the move, it is considered "unread"

As mentioned, marking all as read will fix this too

OK, mods, how do you go directly to unread replies on existing threads? How do you start a new thread? Thanks!
There is a second method as well here:

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Does clicking on the thumbs up icon do the same thing as the old "like" button?
And you guys shouldnt be answering these foolish questions on Thanksgiving day for gods sake!

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Does clicking on the thumbs up icon do the same thing as the old "like" button?
And you guys shouldnt be answering these foolish questions on Thanksgiving day for gods sake!
Yes, and as you may notice from the flag on our account, I have a different Thanksgiving than y'all, so I will be here all weekend to help out. :)

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
618 Posts
I don't like change!
Unfortunately change is necessary to combat potential threats, and keeping the site safe and secure is always a priority for us. In the past we could make changes "invisibly" and we would not have switched over this drastically unless it was deemed necessary.
Let us know if you want to see anything in particular built for you. :)

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Is there a way to turn the poster's location back on? I like to know where comments are coming from to better understand frame of reference. A little more precise than which hemisphere would be nice. I don't always have my "Flags of the World " wall chart with me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah it were better back in the day when I were a lad during the war, it were all fields around here it were, back in the day during the war that is when I were a lad.

·
Administrator
618 Posts
Is there a way to turn the poster's location back on? I like to know where comments are coming from to better understand frame of reference. A little more precise than which hemisphere would be nice. I don't always have my "Flags of the World " wall chart with me. :rolleyes:
If you hover your mouse over the flag it will show you their exact location, same as if you click onto their avatar for more profile information. Is that the functionality you're looking for?

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
If you hover your mouse over the flag it will show you their exact location, same as if you click onto their avatar for more profile information. Is that the functionality you're looking for?

-Gerrit
Kind of. That would work if I ever used a PC with a mouse. I use a tablet & browser almost exclusively so hovering isn't an option. Good to know about the hover option, though. Thx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts