Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1982 T140
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey all. I just moved near Port Townsend and recently scooped up this 1982 T140 Bonneville. I’m hearing a noise in the primary and hoping for some help. I am mechanical but not too sure where to start on this one. Are there any Triumph mechanics around the sound? Any info is great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 Thruxton
294 Posts
Hey Johneville, that's a pretty cool (and I would assume at that late date) a pretty rare bike.

I would think that your best bet would be to locate an independent motorcycle mechanic with a good reputation. There are fewer and fewer modern Triumph shops in the area so I'm thinking finding someone is a mechanic for old Triumphs would be really difficult, especially up in the peninsula.

That said, Cisco Gonzales runs Gonzales Motors in Tacoma. He had Tacoma's Triumph dealership in the old days (60s-70s) and still works on the bikes. His place is like a museum. He's pretty old but he is diligent in motorcycle problem solving. Good luck.

·
Registered
1982 T140
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Johneville, that's a pretty cool (and I would assume at that late date) a pretty rare bike.

I would think that your best bet would be to locate an independent motorcycle mechanic with a good reputation. There are fewer and fewer modern Triumph shops in the area so I'm thinking finding someone is a mechanic for old Triumphs would be really difficult, especially up in the peninsula.

That said, Cisco Gonzales runs Gonzales Motors in Tacoma. He had Tacoma's Triumph dealership in the old days (60s-70s) and still works on the bikes. His place is like a museum. He's pretty old but he is diligent in motorcycle problem solving. Good luck.
thanks Gootch!

I had a guy named Chris Oneill in Kent help me out. Got it going over the phone and been doing short rides since to feel out the bike. It seems solid so far, and looking forward to rides in the spring and summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts