Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Not a very old photo, I`m afraid, 2 acrimonious divorces have decimated my memorabilia! Nearly all of my old photos were burned by Mrs. Welshrob No.1. along with my clothes, birth certificate etc..

:D

London, 1994, working as a despatch rider, the bike`s a Honda NTV 650

I do have one very old photo left but it`s on a Vespa and the thread did say 'motorcycles.'

·
Registered
991 Posts
OK, I had motorcycles from the mid 60s, but this is the oldest photo of me on one of them. This is in the Gunnison Mtns. of CO in 1971 on a Triumph Daytona (1970).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
Due to popular request (and also because geolpilot posted a scooter pic) here`s me thousands of years ago when I was a mod, on a Vespa GS 160.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

My g/f at the time insisted that I posed on the bike for a photo. Although that was 25 years ago we're still very good friends & I'm sure she'd back my claim that she made me do it! Well there can't be any other plausible explanation can there?

So everyone can have a laugh at my expense :).

It's a Honda CB900F:

DaveB.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My g/f at the time insisted that I posed on the bike for a photo. Although that was 25 years ago we're still very good friends & I'm sure she'd back my claim that she made me do it! Well there can't be any other plausible explanation can there?

So everyone can have a laugh at my expense :).

It's a Honda CB900F:

DaveB.
Nice matching shirt/bike combo!:laughhard:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nice matching shirt/bike combo!:laughhard:
For sure!

Anyone trying to look cool sitting on an Eighties Honda has to have, & I'm speaking from experience, a natural stylish, photogenic talent :eek:. And that really is a genuine nylon Honda jacket ..... Yuck!

Anyway, daytonacharlie, you must have banked on receiving some dodgy replies to this thread :D.

DaveB.

·
Premium Member
17,479 Posts

I'm the slightly shorter rider trying to see around the mirror. The man at the controls is my Grandfather, from whom I inherited my love of motorcycles, and my first bike, a 650 Honda. I think of him every time I take a ride.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

I'm the slightly shorter rider trying to see around the mirror. The man at the controls is my Grandfather, from whom I inherited my love of motorcycles, and my first bike, a 650 Honda. I think of him every time I take a ride.
Looks a bit like King Richard of NASCAR fame.

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
This is about 1973, with my 2 year old cousin on the tank. We weren't riding, just posing. Note the safety gear :D

Mick :cool:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Circa 1973 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Wonderful first bike. Used it for general transportation and then awesome dirt riding on weekends.
Even raced it a little.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
'66 Norton

Ok; here I am back in 1969 on my '66 Atlas.

Rich

·
Registered
212 Posts
1950 something Cushman Eagle.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts