Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this group and really like it. Have looked at a couple of the photo albums and have seen a few of the bike with the old style lucas indicators and tail lights. I really like the look and am wondering where you get the parts for this mod. I have seen the tail lights but without the indicators. Also wondering if it's a pure "bolt-on" mod. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lights

I too had this dilemma; solved my problem by pulling the thick rubber mount out from under the tail light and replacing it with some 1/4" rubber edge molding ala the Bonnie tail light. The plate rides a little low but it easy to make a bracket to raise it up so it sits even with the bottom of the fender.

I then got some mini bullet signals, pulled off the stockers, fabed up a plate to cover the resulting gap in the tail light housing, and mounted the minis. On the front I again used the stock mounts, but cut'em down to a reasonable size.

The rubber bits I used to finish off the signal bases are actually adhesive appliance feet from the hardware store. They had a little hollow in'em already so I just cored out the base and stuffed the signal in, and bonus, the adhesive base helps keep everything in place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
It seems like I'm always posting this pic. These are the New Bonneville plug 'n play units with running lights:

They are available in chrome as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts