Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Some of these aren't very oddball; they're just good songs. Pretty good songs so far, so they meet part of the Ruger's OP criteria for being underplayed/underrated.

Here's an oddball song from an oddball and under-exposed artist, Frank Zappa: My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Ah yes, I was using the latter definition, thanks. I do like everyone's posts. All good music (except my Trololo Russian guy, which was just a joke. The funny thing is, I watch it often just for a good laugh).

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I took "oddball" from the OP to mean obscure, or not often played, rather than "strange".
Me too! I put what I considered to be some primo music here. If you want weird-odd, most Zappa would fit the bill. Here's one I feel meets both definitions.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Man, I forgot all about " ( Mama, I'm ) Psycho " and I was wonderin' when someone was gonna' mention Link Wray and Ronnie Montrose. Here's one that fits ' obscure ' even tho' it's not that old, at least not to me. You won't hear this on the radio!

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Music, wild and good, reaches "Too Cool" status

This thread is going to make one insanely good riding playlist.
It's the thread which just keeps on giving. :Dance02
Thanks, everyone. It's great to discover some gems which somehow got missed.
Too cool.
:notworthy

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Warren Zevon

SNIPPED
I always like werewolves of london:
SNIPPED

awooooo. ;)
Spank, old Warren Zevon was delightfully unique. Years ago I was working as an assistant on a video shoot of his - (He said making videos was the worst part of his 'job'.) - and he had to convince me he was serious about adding the boxer, Ray "Boom-Boom" Mancini to the guest list at the gate.

I thought he was joking because that's exactly the way he said Mancini's name: "I need you to add Ray 'Boom-Boom' Mancini to the list". Later, I heard his song of the same title.

Here's an old Andy Kershaw interview which includes an acoustic version of Lawyers, Guns, and Money. This is the guy who, knowing he was dying of lung cancer said, "It will be a drag if I miss the next James Bond movie."

·
Registered
216 Posts
Which semi-obscure song or songs from the past would you like to recommend to your kids or nieces/nephews?

I'm not talking about the giants of Rock like Led Zep who ARE required listening. I mean the odd-ball ones or the underrated or under-played.

(rmak, nowotny, Old Scratcher, myself, and others started talking about "Sky Pilot" and The Faces, The Small Faces, and The Animals on the Christmas Gift thread and got way off topic. So here's a proper new thread.)

I'll start with mine:
Every Mother's Son - "Come On Down To My Boat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIo6_r4l1-o

Also:

The Association:

Along Comes Mary
"Come on Down to my Boat" is on my ipod. What a terrific summertime song! :)

Not sure I would share with my niece and nephew, but this one was definitely odd:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts